SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A couple of Classic Errol Flynn flicks on TCM , Monday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A couple of Classic Errol Flynn flicks on TCM , Monday Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
At 1115 "The Seahawks".

Then at 1530 "Captain Blood". I think times are EST.

Great Korngold scores, some classic character actors and lots of sword play. In other words...Some Classic "Perils of Errol" stuff.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
It’s “swashbuckler” day based on all of the movies they are showing during the daytime hours.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Yes. Swashbuckler day for sure.

I had to laugh last week , it seemed they ran Tarzan movies for two solid days. I watched a few of the early Johnny Weismuller as Tarzan flicks. Hadn't seen either in probably 40 or more years. I remember watching them as a kid.

Why I so enjoy TCM. It brings back memories.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, the Tarzan thing was extensive. I had no idea there were so many.
Captain Blood is my favorite Flynn flick!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen them multiple times.
I did watch the Tarzan marathon as well.
When they interviewed Maureen O'Sullivan, she said she did not know why there was hassle about her costume.

Gee back in the 30s, I think and she has a loin cloth that makes it pretty clear that she has nothing under it and she is swinging in the trees with people below?? PEEP SHOW anyone?

I can imagine a teenage boy back then in the theaters watching this and thinking how he might some day take an African Safari.

Then the nude swim scene.

But yeah, love Flynn as a swashbuckler. Enjoy, I have many times, love classic movies.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post