SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Kindle Paperwhite Announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Kindle Paperwhite Announced Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I gotta say that I really like my Paperwhite. I have read nearly 200 books on it and read daily. The new one will ship Nov 7.

Another homer for Amazon.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4274 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I might have to spring for one. Check it out.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Pretty exciting stuff. I love my paperwhite. The Oasis was just bit much. If they added the ability to add notations or Mark's to a document then I would spend that much.

My paperwhite is getting sluggish so I am definitely in the market.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3656 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wife loves to read in the tub so this is perfect. Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
for all things kindle: kboards.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm reading from my Kindle app on my phone far more than my Paperwhite anymore. It's far more convenient and I have no trouble reading outside. I have the LG G6 that is waterproof and it has a UAG case that makes it drop proof as well. Your books are always with you because you always have your phone with you.

Give it try. You'll be shocked how much you'll use it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have the gen 1 Paperwhite. Would like a newer model, but I’m holding out for one with a USB-C jack instead of the lousy micro-USB. The specs for this new model don’t answer that obvious question.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9432 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have an antique Kindle, bought in 2010, I think I'm due. I read on it most days for at least an hour.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I have the gen 1 Paperwhite. Would like a newer model, but I’m holding out for one with a USB-C jack instead of the lousy micro-USB. The specs for this new model don’t answer that obvious question.

The product page has a link to the user guide, which says it's micro-USB.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I'm reading from my Kindle app on my phone far more than my Paperwhite anymore. It's far more convenient and I have no trouble reading outside. I have the LG G6 that is waterproof and it has a UAG case that makes it drop proof as well. Your books are always with you because you always have your phone with you.

Give it try. You'll be shocked how much you'll use it.

Jim

The e-ink is the reason most Kindle users stick with it. I find e-ink to cause much less strain and fatigue, as opposed to any LCD or OLED display.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

I thank you for that info, maladat. But this is the 21st century – I wish Amazon would catch up.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9432 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

I thank you for that info, maladat. But this is the 21st century – I wish Amazon would catch up.

While we're on the subject of stupid port decisions, how about Apple? Their laptops only have USB-C ports but they won't get rid of the stupid Lightning port on the iPhone and iPad.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post