SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battle of the Bulge - 1965 film
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battle of the Bulge - 1965 film Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I know they couldn't get real German tanks (or real Sherman tanks), but the M-48s are still jarring and spoil the effect for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid I didnt understand why my dad hated it so much. Later I figured it out.

I grew up thinking "In Harms Way" was a true story, man I loved that movie.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3572 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I know they couldn't get real German tanks (or real Sherman tanks), but the M-48s are still jarring and spoil the effect for me.

was re-watching some of Patton recently.

The production value of that is pretty bad also.

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Patton, watch the part where the Germans are advancing in the desert. Theres a scene where one of the actors gets run over by a tank. He doesnt get crushed but damn close.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3857 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
..."In Harms Way"...
On my list of favs as well. Story line has absolutely NOTHING to do with WWII/PTO history, but it's a damned good movie!

[/drift]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11051 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post