SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tyler Childers, Cody Jinx, Sturgill Simpson and Others
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Tyler Childers, Cody Jinx, Sturgill Simpson and Others Login/Join 
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
I originally listened to Cody because he had a death metal band before country music. I thought maybe that "tone" would translate to the Outlaw Country scene. I was not disappointed.

None of those pop country songs are in his catalog.

On a side note, I heard he was going to do another metal album.







Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

 
Posts: 3862 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
TMats - Thanks for starting this thread that has sparked many old memories.

I believe what you say about a 3 hour set, as that has become common. In bluegrass circles, when multiple bands are on site, they go for many hours of one song leading into another. Sturgill can handle it on his own though, and realizes it maximizes profit.

After all that lbj has been through, I wish for him that he has experienced Turtles.



----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1942 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Colter Wall short on awards shows. This made me like him all the more.



Cope: I’ll add, I hadn’t listened to “Turtles” for quite awhile. A legit comparison to Waylon Jennings could be made. The tempo, the lyrics, his inflection, just reminded me of Waylon a lot. That’s a good thing.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14955 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I also mentioned that my son saw Sturgill Simpson on Thursday of this past week. Just ran across this high quality (both audio and video) recording from the show at Ball Arena in Denver. If you watch it you’ll see that you can subscribe and watch the whole show—I haven’t looked into it yet. I watched this on our big screen with Sonos soundbar and it was pretty dang cool.



Alright, sorry, the error message says to try again later, and I will. In the meantime, you can search YT for “Johnny Blue Skies, Ball Arena, 9/23/26” and you’ll find it.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14955 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
In a few minutes of research, I figured it was likely a Nug.net recording you were referring to in the livey show your son saw in Denver. They do some shows exceptionally well, and others that have not met my expectations because they only streamed audio and no video. I currently do not have a sub to them, until they are more forthcoming about streaming simply audio vs full video streaming.

Anyway, heard another old Robert Earl Keen Song performed by Chris Knight while finishing mowing a couple days ago.

I am a huge REK fan, but figured Chris Knight might be more relative to this thread.[/QUOTE]


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1942 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TMats:
Colter Wall short on awards shows. /QUOTE]

1 am 1000% in agreement. CURRENT commercial country music in not my thing. Example: Wifey and her sisters wanted me to go see Florida Georgie Line years ago. NO THWNIK YOU.


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1942 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
If you ever want to talk about Billy Strings, Leftover Salmon, Grensky Bluegrass, YMSB, Railroad Earth, NewGrass Revival, etc. I am your huckleberry.

NGDB, Hot Rize, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Todd Snider , etc. is all open to me.


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1942 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
Based on a unique t-shirt I own and still wear on special ocassions where the lyrics of this song are spelled out in his beard, I have to mention this one.



----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1942 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
Ever found a banded clovis point? Burlap sacks of ginseng aside, closest I came was another t-shirt.



----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1942 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tyler Childers, Cody Jinx, Sturgill Simpson and Others

© SIGforum 2026