Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS Season 17 Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
My wife is a rabid NCIS fan, OTOH I think it should have ended about 7-8 years ago but I watch it with her because it makes her happy.

Anyway...I fell asleep halfway through.

Anyone else watch it? The whole "Ziva Returns!" thing is extremely lame to me.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Fodder.

This is my wife's favorite show also. Since she endures football with me, I endure NCIS and a few other with here. I just put my Airpods in and watch Youtube videos or read.

These shows are all alike with bosses barking orders and a lot of yelling and screaming. Whether it be a cop show, a medical show or a rescue show, it's all the same stuff. I like HGTV. Just a little fake drama and no yelling or screaming.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
It was nice to see Ziva back, but overall, the show was disappointing. I thought the writing sucked!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I agree it was pretty badly done-don't know if it was the writing or the editing. But who knows, part 2 might pull it together.

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
No way Gibbs would not have had ammo in his basement.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
At least we know how he gets all those boats out of the basement Big Grin

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
No way Gibbs would not have had ammo in his basement.

Right, and anyone who leaves his front door unlocked 24/7 better have more than just one handgun stashed.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s an hour of my life I’d like back. So very disappointing. There were points in Cote’ dialogue where she lost her supposed accent & sounded as if she was from L.A. instead of wherever. I haven’t watch an episode in many years but man, Mark Harmon looks far too old to be an 1811 from any government agency. The show has become a gimmick just like the other versions of NCIS.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have always been a fan of Ziva so I watched it for that. Yeah, Gibbs is just too damn old for that role. Bring in someone younger and send Gibbs upstairs as Director.

Oh, and bring Abby back.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I have always been a fan of Ziva so I watched it for that. Yeah, Gibbs is just too damn old for that role. Bring in someone younger and send Gibbs upstairs as Director.

Oh, and bring Abby back.

But would the show work without Mark Harmon? If he is replaced wouldn't it be just another cop show?

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:

But would the show work without Mark Harmon? If he is replaced wouldn't it be just another cop show?

It could but only if you have a strong cast of characters. Remember the original CSI? William Peterson was the main guy for years and when he left, the show did not skip a beat because the other characters had such a strong presence.

NCIS does not have that today, not by a long shot. The original group with either Cate or Ziva could have pulled it off, but not these guys. I'll watch this one for a while and see how it plays out but I'm not sure if even Ziva can save it.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the show through all the character changes because I've just taken it as entertainment and nothing more.

However, this whole Ziva return episode was just bad, a lame attempt to put some life back in a tired franchaise.

The next thing you know they'll try to resurrect Kate and Mike Franks even though we actually saw both of them shot dead.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'll keep watching. Not much else on at that time and really nothing much better.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for Tony to come back with the kid from Ziva.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Part of Ziva's draw was her exotic sex appeal. She looked like a meth addict. She has definitely lost her fastball.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Part of Ziva's draw was her exotic sex appeal. She looked like a meth addict. She has definitely lost her fastball.

Yeah, but they can do a pretty good job of making her look bad. Remember when she was captured and tortured by those terrorists years back? She looked the same pretty much.

I'll give this a little time and see how things unfold. I do have my doubts as there is not one character, except for McGee, that I find the least bit interesting.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The replacement for Abby is terrible. Abby was weird, but this girl is.....not good.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Have not seen any of this, I only watch reruns when one of the sat. channels has a marathon...

As for Ziva coming back, I'd much rather they bring Kate back...

Even though I've enjoyed the show over the years it's subliminal anti gun writing gets to me at times... they are always checking a gun against some registry.... also, have you ever noticed that the international gun dealers are always bad guys... at least as long as it's not the U.S.?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
The replacement for Abby is terrible. Abby was weird, but this girl is.....not good.

Totally agree. Ugh.

Is it Kate or Cate? The original cast of characters list her as Caitlin Todd. Soooo.

Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Badly written episode, to say the least. For example, how did Gibbs "send a file" from a sim card over a public telephone back to NCIS?

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post