SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The NCIS franchise
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NCIS franchise Login/Join 
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I always thought that Kate was a hot and Ziva was an exotic beauty.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
I enjoyed the original story lines during Kate and Ziva, but then it seemed (like many cop shows do) to shift more to the "international conspiracy" model and it got a tad ridiculous (and a bit preachy) IMO.

My thoughts exactly. I finally wandered off the reservation during the long-running somebody-killed-Ziva's-father garbage.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
How many people remember that it was a J.A.G. spinoff?

The episode when Mike Franks' ghost came back to help Gibbs was the beginning of the end for me. Killing off Ziva was the last straw.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many people remember that it was a J.A.G. spinoff?

Season 8

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it when it started, but haven't watched an episode in about 4 years

just got dull and repetitive, Abby drove me nuts...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53077 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Got too boring for me seasons ago. Couldn't stand the clones ever.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
I actually like LA the best

Esposito left NCIS due to caring for her mother who was diagnosed with Alzihmers

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My wife watches them so inevitably I wind up occasionally watching an episode or two as well, particularly when I get caught up or had my online fill of Jay Leno's Garage and Forgotten Weapons and other such content. Not good entertainment but sadly not the worst, which is no surprise since it's network TV. Want awful? The show Quantico is truly bad in an insulting way, where the NCIS shows to me are mostly dumb yet still somewhat tolerable.

The original is probably the best of the lot, though these days that's not saying much. They all more or less run on the same tired formula, only with different actors of varying degrees of talent and appeal. From the couple of episodes I saw from this past season, it appears that McCallum ('Ducky') isn't on much if at all and it seems Harmon is plain worn out.

As for the girls in the rotating chair: Ziva was the cutie for me. As for that character's habit of mixing up sayings and metaphors; that quirk reminds me of my own wife's tendency of doing exactly the same thing, and she (my wife) doesn't have the benefit of doubt of a backstory that reaches back to the Holy Land.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I liked the shows from the first couple of seasons with Kate and Tony. I also liked the Ziva character for the first few seasons. But I could never stand the Abby character. IMO the show should have ended years ago - the story lines are getting repetitive and show is not enjoyable.

Also, why is there a NCIS-LA? There is no Navy or any military base in Los Angeles. If they want a NCIS in California, it should be NCIS San Diego.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I watch all 3, but Los Angeles is my favorite--more gunfights. (I don't really care if they're realistic.) My favorite character in that series is G. Callen. My current favorite in the original series is Nick (Valderrama).

I've been also watching some of "Chicago PD" and it may have even more shooting than NCIS: Los Angeles.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Well, after giving us Emily Wickersham, Wilmer Valderrama, Duane Henry, Maria Bello, Jennifer Esposito and Laura San Giacomo it looks like the producers have figured out what fans want.

Tomorrow they are supposedly bringing back Ziva.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I like the original as it is one of the few shows on tv that is patriotic and not anti-American.

Posts: 5609 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I only watch the original, tried to watch the others but they just didn't do anything for me.
Also looking forward to tonight for Ziva's return.
How long before Tony is back.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:

How long before Tony is back.

Never. He has lead in his own (second season now) "Bull".

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you bring back a dead character? I haven't watched since Tony left with his daughter, so excuse me if this was covered on the series...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2729 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I abhor the original.

I can tolerate the spin offs.

I get the fact that this is a TV show, not a police documentary, but I can't get past the techno-CSI-we'll-get-DNA-back-in-10-minutes-I'd-have-gotten-away-with-it-if-it-weren't-for-you-meddling-kids plot lines. And who needs to weekly see the victim's spleen to solve crimes?????

Magnum PI managed to solve a lot of crimes and never did the viewer have to see a single spleen.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I kept checking the cancelled shows listing and was surprised both NCIS LA & New Orleans weren’t canned after season 1. The original ran flat for me long ago.

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The original still is on the shoulder of Gibbs. “Grab your gear” is getting long in the tooth. My wife likes it while I browse Sigforum and pretend to watch.

The knockoffs are absolutely terrible. . . . . More time on Sigforum.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Having actually worked in LE it's a total fantasy. Interesting when it started but it got old quickly.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Tomorrow they are supposedly bringing back Ziva.

Worst teaser I've ever seen.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post