SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Remember the Discovery channel show called Wings?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the Discovery channel show called Wings? Login/Join 
posted
One of my favorite shows. I vhs taped 18 shows. I converted them to dvd
Three shows per disc.
F4U,P38,F6F
F4/F,F105,F86
FW190,ME110,JU87
B17,B24,B29
P51,P47,Spitfire
F14,F15,F18
I miss that show so much. If anyone would be interested, I could make some
copies and send them to you. I lurked here for four or five years before I joined.
I don't post much, but I look in every day. Maybe this could be my Karma for
such a great forum!

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
YES!!!! Loved it. You can find episodes on YouTube.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Wings was a great show. Pretty sure I saw all of them.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I was a Wings fan back in the day.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Great show. My dad was in the Air Force. He loved the show too.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

So was I. Great show.

On of the actors who played one of the brothers, Steven Weber, was in a made-for-TV remake of The Shining that was pretty good. I just saw it was produced by King because of his dissatisfaction with the Kubrick version with Jack Nickelson.

Tony Shalhoub got his start in that show. In fact, recently Para mentioned that it was rare to have a character from a comedy sitcom get their own spin-off show. It could be argued that Monk is such a production. Maybe not exactly the way Para was saying, but no Wings, no Monk.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Yes I remember it. Loved the show.

I also enjoyed Dogfights. They did computer simulations of each dogfight. Awesome stuff.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Yes I remember it. Loved the show.

I also enjoyed Dogfights. They did computer simulations of each dogfight. Awesome stuff.

Dogfights? Around Nantucket? In the '90's? Big Grin
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098948/

Opps, looks like I'm in the wrong. That wasn't on Discovery.
I'll just say I enjoyed both. Smile

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

So was I. Great show.

On of the actors who played one of the brothers, Steven Weber, was in a made-for-TV remake of The Shining that was pretty good. I just saw it was produced by King because of his dissatisfaction with the Kubrick version with Jack Nickelson.

Tony Shalhoub got his start in that show. In fact, recently Para mentioned that it was rare to have a character from a comedy sitcom get their own spin-off show. It could be argued that Monk is such a production. Maybe not exactly the way Para was saying, but no Wings, no Monk.

I believe you're confusing the sitcom "Wings"

...with the Discover channel documentary series "Wings."

Both were good shows.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
And I believe you’re confusing my post with Captain Morgan’s. Big Grin

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post