SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Joe Pickett (C.J. Box) - TV Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Pickett (C.J. Box) - TV Series Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
Based on the novels by C.J. Box, Spectrum premiered an original series “Joe Pickett” back in December. I missed hearing about this until seeing a brief teaser on Paramount Plus - apparently they will also air the first season (10 episodes soon).

I’m a Spectrum customer and am three episodes in and it’s getting better each show. I’ve only read the first of the novels (though now I want to revisit that) and can tell, as often happens, that changes were made when comparing the show to the book(s). The end credits to the episodes I’ve seen so far make reference to the books “Open Season” and “Winterkill” as inspiration for this first season.

My apologies if this has been discussed; my search only turned up references to the books - which is yet another thing I can thank SF for - this is where I first heard of C.J. Box some time back.

https://spectrumoriginals.com/joe-pickett

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Casting an African-American to play Nate is like casting Tom Cruise to play Reacher. What else will they change from the books?

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Thought it was okay. He's no Raylan Givens.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Based on the novels by C.J. Box, Spectrum premiered an original series “Joe Pickett” back in December. I missed hearing about this until seeing a brief teaser on Paramount Plus - apparently they will also air the first season (10 episodes soon).

I’m a Spectrum customer and am three episodes in and it’s getting better each show. I’ve only read the first of the novels (though now I want to revisit that) and can tell, as often happens, that changes were made when comparing the show to the book(s). The end credits to the episodes I’ve seen so far make reference to the books “Open Season” and “Winterkill” as inspiration for this first season.

My apologies if this has been discussed; my search only turned up references to the books - which is yet another thing I can thank SF for - this is where I first heard of C.J. Box some time back.

https://spectrumoriginals.com/joe-pickett

I was quite fond of his Lizard King books. They based Big Sky off them.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode of the new season last night. Thought it was good. Definately going to follow it.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I mentioned it in a Paramount Plus thread ~ I liked Joe Pickett but never read the book or even knew there was one.
I imagine most every book reader is disappointed with a screen version but I since I didn't read it, I don't have that issue.
Like JP though. Cool

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
smshulz. Indeed! That’s the way I feel.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post