SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    CoD Cold War, any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CoD Cold War, any good? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
By this time of the year i grt my Xbox FPS fix looking at CoD, Battlefield, etc.

Haven't seen any board reviews of CoD and am not aware of new Battlefield release.

Are there any new similar products? Not fond of sci-fi/fantasy games unless there's no other choice.

I'm still playing The Division and Metro Exodus.

Thanks

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12116 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I like it. The multi-player feels a lot like MW3. No running on walls or jump packs.

I am actually playing through the campaign and I am having fun with it as well.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I've heard that it's supposed to have the best iteration of Zombies thus far. I plan on getting it for that.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I like it. The multi-player feels a lot like MW3. No running on walls or jump packs.

Last year's Modern Warfare reboot was the same.

Way better than futuristic space guns, jetpacks, magnetic boots, and whatnot.

I haven't bought Cold War yet, mainly because I just finally bought last year's Modern Warfare a few months ago, and I don't feel like dropping another $50+ in such a short span for what is essentially just the "Retro Expansion Pack" for Modern Warfare. But I'll get it eventually, once it's cheaper.

I'm not a fan of "annual Call of Duty money grab". They're heading the way of the "annual sports game money grab" of NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA, etc., where they keep releasing the same game every year with just some superficial updates but charging full price each time.

Posts: 32518 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
When Black Ops dropped the campaign I didn't even bother. I grow weary of the yearly purchase for only part of a game, 60gb day 0 patches, and expensive DLC's

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
When Black Ops dropped the campaign I didn't even bother.

Black Ops Cold War has a single player campaign. It's only ~6-8 hours, but it's there.

Modern Warfare was similar, and while short, that campaign was actually pretty good (with a couple exceptions).

But yeah, CoD is a multiplayer-focused game series now.

Posts: 32518 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Are there ample places from which one may camp and stab/shoot/move on unsuspecting passerby? Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I tried the zombies mode a week after release and it was incredibly laggy. I was rubberbanding all over the place. I guess it's peer-to-peer instead of dedicated server?

I really haven't bothered playing in since. I'm currently gearing up for Cyberpunk 2077.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post