SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Apple TV+ - Anything particularly good to watch?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple TV+ - Anything particularly good to watch? Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Greyhound was spectacular. And give Foundation a whirl.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I really enjoyed the movie Finch, with Tom Hanks.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Severance is different. A couple episodes in and my wife does not like it.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
For All Mankind

Invasion

Foundation

Servant

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Severance (big sci fi angle)
Servant (already commented in previous post)
the last days of Ptolemy Grey (who dunnit with memory lane walk assisted by tech we don’t currently have)
Pachinko (just started this, interesting, but nothing like the first 2- a bit of a perspective/history lesson about some Asian culture and racism there)

All good in very different ways, and naturally, just my take..I’m going to look up Greyhound now.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I really enjoyed “Foundation.” Jared Harris is great in anything he does, to include Foundation, Chernobyl, The Terror, Fringe.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
How is Severance?

Just finished watching Severance and I think it was brilliant. It's a fantastic thriller/mystery/dystopia type of thing. It was extremely difficult to follow the wife's "one episode a night" policy. Came into the Lair fully expecting to find a thread dedicated to it.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We just got Apple tv because of a phone deal. We started with Ted Lasso and think it’s great.

Posts: 13233 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
The Reluctant Traveler (comedian Eugene Levy) is really good, funny and covers some great places we would all want to go if we could afford them.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
We've just finished the second season of Slow Horses. Gary Oldman is just spectacular in this show. Also, been enjoying Shrinking. Jason Segal is the main character and is very good. Price of admission to see Harrison Ford in anything having to do with comedy is worth it.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Since this is back around, I also recently got Apple TV+ access with an iPad purchase and Ted Lasso is great. I also enjoyed The Morning Show and I really liked Mythic Quest.

Mythic Quest in particular I think is great because while it has plenty of minority characters, including a gay couple, and those characters occasionally start lamenting their minority status, the show doesn’t let them off the hook.

*****Spoiler alert*****

There’s one scene in particular with the lead character, a straight white male, in a car with a minority lesbian character and she’s bitching about patriarchy or whatever, then when he gives her the chance to tell him whatever she wants, she admits that she doesn’t know what she wants. The interaction ends with the comment “Maybe you should try working a little harder to figure your shit out instead of spending all of your time sitting around longing for the days when you could blame all of your problems on straight white guys.”

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The next season of Ted Lasso is starting. Looks like one episode a week.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
We've just finished the second season of Slow Horses. Gary Oldman is just spectacular in this show. Also, been enjoying Shrinking. Jason Segal is the main character and is very good. Price of admission to see Harrison Ford in anything having to do with comedy is worth it.

Love Gary Oldman. I’ll have to look that up. Started watching Shrinking, but fell out of it after a few episodes. I’ll try again.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Just finished Severance. In the beginning slow, and tedious. Almost abandoned it a couple of times. Stick with it. It builds and comes together. Patricia Arquette lands a great performance.

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Silo is excellent as well. There's a separate thread on it in the Lair.

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Sure wish they would hurry up and release Masters of the Air.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Sure wish they would hurry up and release Masters of the Air.

Same.

I've been waiting for over 10 years!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post