SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Itzhak Perlman Meets Jascha Heifitz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Itzhak Perlman Meets Jascha Heifitz Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
I would love to know what Heifitz had to say after that!

Posts: 6557 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I have Itzhak Perlman playing Paganini’s 24 Caprices. It is probably my favorite classical album.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here is Heifetz performing #24. (One of the most incredible performances I've ever heard.)

Careful the theme doesn't become an earworm.

Several composers have used that theme including Brahms and Rachmaninoff.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The devil went down to the Shtetl, and saw a fiddler on the roof, he packed his golden fiddle up, and went to Georgia, poof...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post