SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Michael Parks passed away today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Parks passed away today Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...arks-dies-at-77.html

You may not know the name, but you know the actor. Anyone remember Then Came Bronson?

He started out on TV but he made a bunch of movies, too. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford immediately comes to mind.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember him best in Then Came Bronson.Always wanted a motorcycle watching that show, even though I was 11 when it aired originally...

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh no! Always liked him. This scene of Parks as Esteban Vihaio in Kill Bill Vol. 2 is the way I'll remember him. I think it's brilliant

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I remember Then Came Bronson. I was a 9 YO kid then.
I didn't notice he had been in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I think I'll need to watch it again.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He played an aid to the Governor in the film. Not a big part, but he has his scenes.

What I remember about Then Came Bronson was that knit watch cap Parks wore in the series.

posted Hide Post
I looked forward to T C B. Always liked to see what type day labor jobs he got. Got enough for chow, fuel & camped out & hit the road the next sunrise.

I liked his acting style also. Kind of moody.
Thanks Michael, RIP.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/bYsztoaU9Ls

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Aww man Frown that sucks.

Always loved his part in From Dusk Til Dawn

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
His work in Red State was Oscar-worthy.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this. I really like his work in Tarantino films, Red State, and Blood Father.

As Far as I'm concerned Michael Parks and Sonny Chiba are the best things about the Kill Bill films.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Like Para first thing that came to mind when I heard about his passing was Then came Bronson.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I don't think I ever missed Then Came Bronson. I happened to be on shore duty during that time so I actually got to watch TV.

I think the last thing I saw him in was an episode of Walker Texas Ranger.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides Esteban Vihaio in Kill Bill Vol 2, he appeared in Kill Bill Vol 1 as Texas Ranger Earl McGraw

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He did a film named Noble Things, which, even though it was a bit over the top dramatically, means a lot to me because it's set in Southeast Texas.

posted Hide Post
RIP. I'm old enough to remember Then Came Bronson......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP.
Watched them film a short segment of Then Came Bronson in northern California many, many years ago.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Dang, I liked his work.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I saw this when I got home, RIP Michael. I was 13 when I watched him every week in then Then Came Bronson, been a fan of his since then.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
He was also a singer. He sang 'Long Lonesome Highway' (the theme song from Then Came Bronson) and others.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prairieviper,

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I also remember him, the hat and the series. We are showing our age.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He played an aid to the Governor in the film. Not a big part, but he has his scenes.

What I remember about Then Came Bronson was that knit watch cap Parks wore in the series.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I liked him in "China Lake Murders" opposite Tom Skerritt.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post