SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    That Album That Has More Good Songs Than You Realized
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That Album That Has More Good Songs Than You Realized Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Recently met a guy from eastern Europe who had a bunch of pristine albums he was willing to part with, all of which (with one exception) were pressed and printed there. Albums included Breakfast in America (the exception previously mentioned)

Never realized how many hits were on this album. (Next up is Love at First Sting.)

I've rarely come across an album, especially this old, with so many.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
There are a couple Joe Walsh early 70s live. Not bad at all. I have to look up the album names.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Funny, I have been playing Breakfast in America often in the last year, as if I haven't heard it enough in high school. It is just an excellent, very listenable album. It is one of those rare albums that come along once in a blue moon (Who's Next, Back in Black, Rumours, etc) that not only dominate the airwaves and society, but produce more than a few hits.

They seem not to make 'em like that anymore.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, The Beatles, Abbey Road.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
One album I remember in that way is Undertow by tool

I saw sober on MTV and would blast it through the stereo we had hooked up to the tv.

Years later I got the album and I remember feeling how each song was better then the last.

I wore that cd thin.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly, there have been a few albums that spawned multiple top 40 hits. Here is just a sampling:

Taylor Swift Fearless (13) (6 from platinum release)
Taylo Swift Speak Now (9)
Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation (7)
Michael Jackson Bad (7)
Michael Jackson Thriller (7)
Michael Jackson Dangerous (7)
Bruce Springsteen Born in the U.S.A. (7)
Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad (7) *(5 from original release)
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter IV (6)
Usher, Raymond v Raymond (6)
Bryan Adams Reckless (6)
Def Leppard Hysteria (6)
Footloose (6)
Janet Jackson janet. (6)
Janet Jackson Control (6)
Billy Joel An Innocent Man (6)
George Michael Faith (6)
Justin Timberlake FutureSex / LoveSounds (6)
Shania Twain Come On Over (6)
Urban Cowboy (6)

Most #1's on 1 album

5 - Michael Jackson — Bad 1987-1988
5 - Teenage Dream, Katy Perry 2010-2011
4 - Bee Gees/Yvonne Elliman — Saturday Night Fever 1977-1978
4 - Whitney Houston — Whitney 1987-1988
4 - George Michael — Faith 1987-1988
4 - Paula Abdul — Forever Your Girl 1989-1990
4 - Janet Jackson — Rhythm Nation 1814 1989-1991
4 - Mariah Carey — Mariah Carey 1990-1991
4 - Usher — Confessions 2004

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
first one that comes to mind is Jagged Little Pill. You Oughta Know (1), All I Really Want (14), Ironic (1), Hand in My Pocket (1), You Learn (1), and Head Over Feet (1)... Five #1's on one chart or another, and another top 15 (#2 in Canada).

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post