SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Best...Or worst...Music Video From the 70's (Convoy)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Best...Or worst...Music Video From the 70's (Convoy) Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I'm not sure if this is good or bad...but it is still "CONVOY"!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Best.

Love that song.

When we'd see the semis come through town we'd raise our arms and pull them down. Most of the truckers would blow their horns for us.

"And eleven long haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus." Big Grin

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, C.W. passed away yesterday at age 93.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...LLEm?ocid=uxbndlbing

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP C.W.
I didn't know much about him but I sure liked this song. Heck, I even liked the movie, it was good.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^IIRC, the first tune I heard from him was "Wolf Creek Pass". I was going to the grocery store, driving for Mom back then...still was on my learner's permit. Smile

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Loved the movie that went with the song.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was traveling around Colorado, by myself. I spent some time in the area around Pagosa Springs and was eating breakfast in a cafe at the foot of Wolf Creek Pass. There were two truck drivers at the table next to me eating breakfast. They had wrecked their semi the night before on the Pass. CW McCall’s song, “Wolf Creek Pass,” was still getting airplay at this time. It seems that whoever was at the wheel coming down the west side of the pass got going too fast, was having trouble getting the truck slowed down, ran the right wheels of the tractor off the pavement—-and kicked up what was apparently a good sized rock that bounced up and hit the trailer brakes connector. Trailer brakes gone he really had no shot and the truck and trailer ended up on its side. Up on Wolf Creek Pass, way up on the Great Divide.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post