SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jurassic World Dominion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic World Dominion Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I love the original Jurassic Park and I am excited to see this.

Looks like it is going to be done like Ghostbusters Afterlife. Not a spin off, not a reboot, but more of a continuation of the original.
Bringing back the originals blended with new characters.
I thought Ghostbusters Afterlife was really well done. Hope this is done as well too.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a huge Jurassic Park fan as well. Very interesting to use many of the original characters of the first movie. I’ll definitely be checking this one out this summer.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Of course I'll watch it! It looks awesome. But I feel like maybe I've watched the whole thing after that first trailer. Wink

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will have this on disc when it comes out, I've got all the rest and enjoy them for what they are.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Saw this today. No Spoilers. A butt numbing 2hrs.15min. CGI dinosaurs were good, but a bit repetitive for me. Everyone who's ever been a lead in any of the films (adults) was in it, for reasons that were not entirely clear since the plot didn't actually need most of them. I suppose it was just a way of wrapping up the 'old guard' and leaving the way clear for the new leads.

The movie is very loud and I would be cautious about taking very young children due to a couple of rather explicit scenes involving people getting eaten.

A bit of messaging about climate change thrown in from Professor Malcolm and the obligatory strong diverse female in the movie just to fly the other cast members around. There are two plot threads running through the movie for a reason that don't really get explained very well until about 2/3 of the way through which makes the first part a bit disjointed and confusing.

Better on the big screen I think, I don't believe I'll be adding it to my DVD collection until it hits the bargain bin in WalMart.

All in all, I got my money's worth, I give it 5 rounds out of a 10 round magazine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pyker,

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Of course I'll watch it! It looks awesome. But I feel like maybe I've watched the whole thing after that first trailer. Wink

I'm sure I'll see it, but I feel the same.

The whole series has jumped the shark. I know the premise is sci-fi, but it gets sillier and sillier.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's crazy to think 6 movies have been made based off two novels.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
It's crazy to think 6 movies have been made based off two novels.

Six DINOSAUR movies, thank you very much. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disappointed I had to wait 20 minutes before the first person got eaten.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I saw it Saturday afternoon. MEH. I didn’t really care for the locust plot. I like to see carnivores. Large Dino’s eating people.

Oh well.

slingshots are my favorite

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was ok, but nothing special as it goes. I also was never a big fan of the originals. We lost power for 22 hours, so I went to the next town over and enjoyed the a/c for a couple hours.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Very underwhelming. Was really expecting better.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The drinker was unimpressed. Spoilers in this review... Jurrasic World Dominion: An absolute Dumpster Fire

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I wasn't excited for this, but I did want to see the appearance of my favorite dinosaur ever, the Dimetrodon. I had waited a long time for this in a Jurassic Park flick, and I felt I owed it to six-year-old me. And then, they were only on screen for, like, less than a minute. DISAPPOINTED!

"Actually, Dimetrodons are pelycosaurs, not dinosaurs." Sorry, I meant to say, my favorite pelycosaur.

"Pelycosaur is an outdated paleontological term. They're known as non-mammalian synapsids." FINE! They're my favorite non-mammalian synapsid! I can't keep up! Jeez!

It was more impressive to see Dimetrodon pop up in the third season of Land of the Lost back in the '70s, and he breathed FIRE too!

Also, I loved the Dimetrodons in the 1959 Journey to the Center of the Earth where they were played by Iguanas with fins glued to their backs.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight. I enjoyed it. Some of the usual new hollyweird messaging was there but it wasn’t obnoxious. I went on a kick and watched all the previous ones the past week while I’m on my rower. Some of it was repetitive and predictable but still a fun watch. I took my friends 11 y/o and he loved it. Probably wouldn’t of enjoyed it as much watching it solo. Enthusiasm from a kid like that is contagious.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post