SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    X-Files (2018)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files (2018) Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Tonight’s was pretty good actually...

Hilarious/infuriating, lovable/detestable, pointless waste of an hour/must see.

I'm glad I watched. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Tonight’s was pretty good actually...

Hilarious/infuriating, lovable/detestable, pointless waste of an hour/must see.

I'm glad I watched. Eek

Not sure I follow

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was excited about getting another season of the X-files but now I'm just sad.

It is kind of like seeing an 80 year old trying to dress hip.

Just sad.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not sure I follow

Non-stop Trump and conservative bashing, not so much smart and insightful as juvenile snark.

It made for an oddly coherent episode that all tied together. The humor was as good as anything the show has ever produced IMO and yep, I'm glad I saw it. I can live with the barbs if they entertain me.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stray Round:
I was excited about getting another season of the X-files but now I'm just sad.

It is kind of like seeing an 80 year old trying to dress hip.

Just sad.

I felt like this after the first one though I’m liking the last couple.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not sure I follow

Non-stop Trump and conservative bashing, not so much smart and insightful as juvenile snark.

It made for an oddly coherent episode that all tied together. The humor was as good as anything the show has ever produced IMO and yep, I'm glad I saw it. I can live with the barbs if they entertain me.

Yeah I try to ignore the politics of it, but at times it pretty flagrant.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

They seem to be taking themselves less and less seriously so the criticism carries less and less weight. I said the new season's first episode was no fun at all, this last was nothing but fun. Smile

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They seem to be taking themselves less and less seriously so the criticism carries less and less weight. I said the new season's first episode was no fun at all, this last was nothing but fun. Smile

This ^^^^^

I didn't miss the references, but somehow could not be offended/annoyed/whatever by them.

The series is sometimes obviously taking a poke at itself. If the producers and talent in the show can have a bit of fun at their own expense, perhaps we can handle them having a bit of fun at our expense?

I know I can.

I found myself, throughout that episode, thinking "WTF?!?" and "Where the hell is this going?", which was obviously their goal. In that, they succeeded magnificently. I enjoyed it Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Skinner: "Where in the hell are they taking Reggie??" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Skinner: "Where in the hell are they taking Reggie??" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That was great!

Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Did anybody notice the Nixon poster on the wall of the junk shop (around 17-18 minute mark)?

"They can't lick our Dick"

Big Grin Funny episode Big Grin

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
Did anybody notice the Nixon poster on the wall of the junk shop (around 17-18 minute mark)?

"They can't lick our Dick"

Big Grin Funny episode Big Grin

Yeah that was great!

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Was hoping for some reference to People of Earth from Reggie, but overall I liked the episode.

X-Files doesn't bat 1000, but when I think of the whole series it has certainly entertained me a lot and in various ways over the years.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the sugar boobs comment

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yesterdays E5 Ghouli has been the best so far IMO this season...murder, mystery, alien stuff, William is found, whats not to like!

One of my favorites for X-File spoof humor was S3/Ep20 Jose Chung's From Outer Space, classic!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Yesterdays E5 Ghouli has been the best so far IMO this season...murder, mystery, alien stuff, William is found, whats not to like!

One of my favorites for X-File spoof humor was S3/Ep20 Jose Chung's From Outer Space, classic!

I agree with everything you said

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
What the hell did I just watch with all the robotic stuff that was bizarre lol...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My wife did not like the AI episode, but I thought it was a good deviance!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
That was the strangest show I've seen in quite some time.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post