SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another classical interlude.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another classical interlude. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Faure's Requiem is one of my favorite pieces and the Pie Jesu is my favorite part of it.

Here it is done by a treble, as opposed to a soprano with a big voice and a shitload of vibrato. I was YouTubing around listening to various performances and stumbled onto this one.

Turn up the audio and enjoy!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Yes, very nice. I can see how others would overdo it but the boy simply sings this as written without adding anything extra. I like it.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I found another version of this piece - purely choral with a soloist with a phenomenal voice (and zero vibrato).

(Not sure why I keep posting this kind of shit on a gun board. Roll Eyes )

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Not to beat a dead horse, but I found another version of this piece - purely choral with a soloist with a phenomenal voice (and zero vibrato).

Finally got around to listening to this one. Lovely. Although I think I prefer the first version because of the instrumental backing.

quote:

Because some folks here do appreciate it. It helps us temporarily tune out all the other everyday, real-world, doom-and-gloom shit being posted here and reminds us that there are still some beautiful things on this crazy planet.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Because we are Renaissance men and women. Ask me why I bought a second piano and was practicing tonight even though I don't play in public. Sigforum members have varied tastes and backgrounds.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of conducting this work several times. One of my favorites, for sure.

The original chamber orchestration did not include any violins, which is a very uncommon orchestration.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post