SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Social media is on everything now, and rate us! And woke, and snowflakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Social media is on everything now, and rate us! And woke, and snowflakes Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Social media app influence is at an all time high. Wanna watch a game of some sort, sports in general? The announcers will cut away and start mentioning Twatter, or Fakebook, or Instacrap. My favorite sport, at the pre-race press conference, they've cut journalist question time out for "Social media questions" so instead of having a 3 or 4 decade covering journalist asking hard questions to the riders it's bubblepop101 from Fakebook or snazzman from Instacrap has asked this? It could be the got damn Olympics and they'll cut coverage "Let's see what is trending". How about whatever is trending, take a chainsaw to it?

I flip stations, watch a pay tv channel and they are all "Follow us on x". How about Fuck You instead? I'm paying for this shit, why is social media even a part of this? I do not mind that these applications are there. If you want to dump all your information out on the internet, for free, and have these applications sell off your privacy, have had it. But the importance of all is becoming overwhelming, and why? Because people are stupid, ignorant, sheep. It's some internet bullshit. It isn't real, and it isn't tangible. And much of it is fake. How many young folk have stood on a cliff, a mountain, a ledge, to take a selfie for their bs social media page only to slip and fall to their death? It's countless now. IG influencers, I mean this is all a clusterfuck.

It's extended to the businesses I do business with. Now every single business I do business with sends emails, and spam. "How did we do?" and "Rate us please" or "rate your visit". No dumbass. If I'm regularly using your business it's because I need said product or service for my property, or my vehicle, or whatever. The very fact that I'm coming back should suffice. Nope, total bombardment via texts, or emails, and even phone calls for follow ups.

Am I alone? I want rant on about woke and snowflakes as I'm preaching to the choir here. I'm starting to dream, often, about buying property the fuck out of here and out in the sticks to get away from all this bullshit. I think the single thing that has resonated beyond anything else has been this past summer in PT for a shoulder surgery I had. Several LEO's go there also for work related PT. I didn't ask but probably tackling idiots. They stated that the wrecks and cleanup, from idiots phone surfing, to get their latest woke updates, is bad. They both said they'd rather deal with drunks as they at least try to drive. Can you imagine sitting there talking with a LEO, tired of all this bullshit and an officer of a decently sized city tells you he'd rather deal with drunk drivers than inattentive driving via phones? The worst part is one of them said that these people who cause these wrecks while surfing have to go to "therapy" because of the damage it did to their psyche. I about puked right then and there.

Get off your fucking phone when you are driving or out in public. Your little notifications will be there for you when you get your ass back to your domicile. Quit looking down and look straight ahead or up. Our Law Enforcement Officers are better served going after violent criminals than wasting their precious time with your bullshit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But you have to use the app so they can track you and sell your info to a third party for a quick buck.

Do I want the Domino's Pizza app? No. Do I have to pay twice as much when calling them and talking to a real person? They tell me this is so, but I'd rather pay them zero and order from someplace else...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post