SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Irene Cara has passed, age 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irene Cara has passed, age 63 Login/Join 
posted
https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...eling-132342107.html

She had quite the run in the early 80's, one hell of a voice.
quote:
Irene Cara, the singer best known for performing the title tracks to the classic 1980s films Fame and Flashdance, has died. She was 63.

Cara's publicist, Judith A. Moose, confirmed the news of her death in a statement shared on the singer's Twitter account early Saturday morning.

"It is with profound sadness that on behalf of her family I announce the passing of Irene Cara," Moose wrote. "The Academy Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter and producer passed away in her Florida home."

"Irene's family has requested privacy as they process their grief," the rep added. "She was a beautifully gifted soul whose legacy will live forever through her music and films."

Cara's cause of death is currently unknown, but it will be released when information is available, her rep said. Funeral services are currently pending and a memorial for Cara's fans will be planned at a future date, she added.

Posts: 14673 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I never would have guessed she was 63, but when I think about it and do the math....yeah, we're all getting old.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38701 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Jeez, that’s young; no cause of death given.

Posts: 13295 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post