SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Temple Mount is... In Our Hands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Temple Mount is... In Our Hands Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
In Our Hands - The Battle for Jerusalem.

Saw it yesterday with the wife. I understand there will be another nationwide showing on June 1 at 7 pm in theaters.

I'm not into history but I enjoyed the movie.

Even though the movie was produced by Christian Broadcasting Network (Pat Robertson), I can objectively state there are no "Christian" references in the movie.

It's pretty much a dramatic portrayal including actual film footage of events in the 6-day war that ended with Israel gaining full control of the city of Jerusalem.

I think it's also the 50th anniversary of the Six Day War.
Write Up

Filmed on location with an all-Israeli cast, In Our Hands is the story of Israel’s 55th Paratrooper Brigade. With first-hand interviews and historical reenactments, this exclusive docudrama focuses on the soldiers who fought for Jerusalem and announced to the world, “The Temple Mount is in our hands.” The film will be a one-night Fathom Events presentation from CBN Documentaries on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. local time in more than 700 theaters across the US, from Missoula to Fargo, Tallahassee to Terre Haute and all places in between.

“It is important for each generation to realize that there will always be a Jewish people- according to Jeremiah 31:35-36, “Thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for a light by day. The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night. Who disturbs the sea, and its waves roar (the Lord of Hosts is His name): ‘If those ordinances depart from before Me, says the Lord, then the seed of Israel shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever-” and that the land has been given to Israel and her descendants forever: “I will give you the land that I promised Abraham and Isaac, and it will belong to your family forever” (Genesis 35:12).

While realizing the biblical and prophetic importance of the reunification of Jerusalem, he said, the film’s focus is the actual event of Israel’s extraordinary victory.

CBN’s desire to create the film In Our Hands goes back to the 1960s when CBN’s founder, Pat Robertson, visited Israel for the first time. The Lord impressed upon him that part of CBN’s mission was to be a blessing to Israel. This mission includes proclaiming the truth about Israel’s past and present.

While not being one of their main objectives, nonetheless CBN believes that the film should have a positive impact against the BDS and anti-Israel movements. World opinion appears to be increasing in opposition to Israel, and the propaganda issued by Israel’s enemies receives wide-spread coverage and often unchallenged acceptance. CBN believes it is important to know and proclaim the true history of the people of Israel and the land promised to them by God Himself.

“The truth is a powerful weapon and we believe it will impact anti-Israeli movements inasmuch as light dispels darkness,” CBN said.

A unique archive was used to help examine the battle through the eyes of Israel’s 55th Paratrooper Brigade and their role in the battle of the Old City of Jerusalem in 1967. Also, Avner Peled, the line producer, served for six years, from 1970-1976, as a sergeant in the elite military unit Sayeret Matkal. In 1976 he served for one year as a security officer in the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet), and from 1977 – 1981, Peled served as a major in the elite military unit Shaldag, an Israeli Air Force commando unit.

Impressive scenes were filmed at Ammunition Hill with more than 100 actors and extras, and at the Rockefeller Museum, Mount of Olives, the Old City, Tower of David and more.

The film stars Israeli actor Sharon Friedman who portrays General Motta Gur.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hadn't heard of this but I definitely want to see it.

I can't imagine having a battle in the old city.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
http://inourhands1967.com/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something I'd enjoy. Israeli military history is a topic I find fascinating.

Unfortunately, it's not playing anywhere around here. I hope it's released on Blu-Ray.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Steven Pressfield has written a superb history of the Six-Day War,
The Lion's Gate.

I'm reminded that, as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Mauritania in June 1967, Americans and Brits were given 48 hours to get out of the country after the war broke out. Screw 'em.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Steven Pressfield has written a superb history of the Six-Day War,
The Lion's Gate.

+1. An excellent read.

(Everything I've read by Pressfield has been good, but this is one of his best.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post