SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nintendo Switch and it’s exclusive games - similar to NES/SNES?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nintendo Switch and it’s exclusive games - similar to NES/SNES? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
First - I have a Raspberry Pi with RetroPi, so I’m not interested in one.

How are the modern Nintendo exclusive games? We are thinking about a Switch for things like Mario Kart, Super Mario U, maybe Zelda. I know they have the original old school games with a subscription but the new versions look interesting. The games similar to the originals are what we are looking at, not so much ones like Mario Odyssey.

I’m really only focused on the Nintendo exclusives. Seems like the Pro wireless controllers are hard to come by at the moment.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We got 2 for Christmas for our girls.
My oldest cleared the Boswer Mario game in a few weeks, but she's enjoyed it.

I got excited about the NES/SNES/N64 collections. Free download, but requires an online access subscription.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
My 2 kids each have a switch. It is a really great console/hand held hybrid. Nintendo really nailed it with this. I have played some of the original NES games on them and they feel like the originals.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Mariokart 8 is good.

Breath of the Wild is simply one of the most stunning video games I've ever played. Plus the next one is coming in May.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Just about the only ones I've found worth playing are:

Breath of the Wild

Metroid: Dread

Super Robot Wars VTX

Call of Cthulhu

Island Flight Simulator

Thinking Breath of the Wild II would be fun, but I'm sure they'll find an excuse to push the release date out for six more months.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2022 I broke out 30+ years of video game consoles and games - playing together has become ‘our thing’ with my wife and kindergartener.

I gave my wife a OLED switch a few weeks early this past Christmas so we could stay entertained while in the hospital for 2 weeks…Mario Kart 8 gets played nearly every night. I was so impressed with the Switch environment I picked up a standard model…MK8 and Sonic Racing get played the most by us. I’m sure by the end of the year our little one will have his own too.

The Classic modules to play to oldies are nice…you definitely miss hyperventilating to get the NES game going though!

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What’s the best way to get digital versions on sale? Zelda is $60 on the e-store but a physical copy seems to be on sale everywhere for $40.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What’s the best way to get digital versions on sale? Zelda is $60 on the e-store but a physical copy seems to be on sale everywhere for $40.

Zelda is a huge download. In would get the card version.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post