SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was that movie with the stereotypical southern sheriff.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was that movie with the stereotypical southern sheriff. Login/Join 
posted
The sheriff has someone pulled over and there is a communication problem
And
The sheriff turns to the interviewee and says
" You on drugs boy ?"

( Not the judge on cousin Vinny)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55120 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sheriff Buford T. Justice from 'Smokey and the Bandit' or the unnamed Captain/Warden from 'Cool Hand Luke' are both classic stereotypical "Southern lawman" characters.

While neither one said that specific line, it's possible you're conflating a character like that from one film with a different quote from a different film (like the Southern judge from 'My Cousin Vinney' who asks Vinny if he's on drugs).

Posts: 32956 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Grand Theft Parsons?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16778 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I think that may have been Sheriff J.W. Pepper (Clifton James) from Live and Let Die.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Maybe you're thinking of Foghorn Leghorn.

"Boy! I say, I say, Boy!"

Posts: 1463 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Agree with Pyker.

Posts: 749 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks,
Still searching Y.T.

Posts: 55120 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Was it this scene at all, Bendable?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16778 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I think you are correct

quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I think that may have been Sheriff J.W. Pepper (Clifton James) from Live and Let Die.

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10530 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks kkina but , no.

This old fart was on the mellow side.

I might have to watch a whole movie or three.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Cool hand Luke

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7840 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the movie In The Heat Of The Night with Rod Steiger as sheriff Bill Gillespie? Great movie by the way.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8608 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Grand Theft Parsons?

Fast forward to 1:13

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12389 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Tv show and not a movie, but how about The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo with Claude Akins?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11072 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Grand Theft Parsons?

Unfortunately Bendable already noped on GTP in my post above.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately Bendable already noped on GTP in my post above.

Oops! Missed that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12389 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Probably not what you're looking for, but I remember a scene I saw many many years ago. Sorry I don't recall the title.

Sheriff pulls a smartass teenager over for <whatever>. Kid has the radio blaring about a hundred decibels. Sheriff asks the kid for this license.

Kid: "Can't hear you man, the radio's too loud!"

Sheriff: Sticks his .44 inside the car and blows the radio to hell. "Can you hear THAT, now?"

Posts: 7368 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Probably not what you're looking for, but I remember a scene I saw many many years ago. Sorry I don't recall the title.

Sheriff pulls a smartass teenager over for <whatever>. Kid has the radio blaring about a hundred decibels. Sheriff asks the kid for this license.

Kid: "Can't hear you man, the radio's too loud!"

Sheriff: Sticks his .44 inside the car and blows the radio to hell. "Can you hear THAT, now?"

It was a .45

Jan Michael Vincent in “The Return”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37152 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What was that movie with the stereotypical southern sheriff.
That narrows it down. Razz

How about 1984's Tank with James Garner? The sheriff (played by G.D. Spradlin, a man with a very distinctive appearance, voice and accent) framed his son for drug possession.

Spradlin is the guy in the blue suit.

Posts: 28528 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Was there anything like that in Super Troopers or Walking Tall?

Posts: 7372 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post