SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Springfield Armory's Night of the Saint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory's Night of the Saint Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Anyone know anything about this micro-series? Finale's this Tuesday already.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing sells firearms like Girl Power, Cross Fit and Yoga Pants. Smile

In all honesty it looks lake an add campaign aimed at women. If we bring more women(or anyone else) into the shooting sports as a result, I'd call it a win.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I watched the 1 hour episode. I will watch the finale on April 11th to see who wins. It was a shooting competition between a bunch of "Hot girls" trying to become a Spokesperson for Springfield. What amazes me is that no "Less than Attractive girls" tried out. Roll Eyes

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
Babes and guns. What more do you need to know?

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yoga pants sell anything...

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one makes the statement "I have a sleeve tattoo." So what? So do the baristas at Starbucks. How does this make her more qualified. And yes, I am asking why I took 2 minutes out of my life to watch that.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
In all honesty it looks lake an add campaign aimed at women.
So, would a subtraction campaign be aimed at men?

Razz

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Top Shot meets the Lingerie Bowl?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I know who the winner is! Actually, I found the finale a little anti-climactic. I would have picked someone else, though she was my second choice.

Night of the Saint

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched it (yet?), but I don't mind it at all. I look at it in a positive light. Normally, they would just hire a model to pose with their guns. So, having motivated women try out and learn about shooting and compete is a much better way than just hiring a model and saying "hold this and look pretty."

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
In all honesty it looks lake an add campaign aimed at women.
So, would a subtraction campaign be aimed at men?

Razz

I was going to answer that, but the image that came to mind was so gruesome and unnatural that I refused to release it onto the unsuspecting internet.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post