SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    12 Seconds in the Dark: A Police Officer's Firsthand Account of the Breonna Taylor Raid by Sgt. John Mattingly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Seconds in the Dark: A Police Officer's Firsthand Account of the Breonna Taylor Raid by Sgt. John Mattingly Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
The half truths and outright lies presented by the attorneys representing the family of Taylor and the offender that shot this officer (before any cop entered the residence) have gone unanswered and unchallenged for too long. This firsthand account by the police sergeant that was shot and nearly killed while serving a lawfully issued search warrant in a perfectly lawful and professional manner (contrary to reports, it was NOT handled as a "No Knock" service). The false narrative spread by lawyers, celebrities, and the media for $$$$$ and political purposes, was never countered by the City of Louisville because it would have harmed the "Optics" used by their allies in the BLM movement, even though the result was riots, injuries, and deaths due to "mostly peaceful protests."

It's an extremely credible and detailed account of what actually occurred and well worth the time to read or listen to.

"On the night of March 13, 2020, Louisville police executed a search warrant on the residence of Breonna Taylor. Approximately one minute after the police first announced themselves six times with “police, we have a warrant!” the door was breached, and Sgt. John Mattingly stepped into a dark threshold. Before setting foot into the eight-plex unit, he saw two figures in a dark and narrow hallway about 25 feet away.

With just the glint of light from a TV and the lights from their handguns’ muzzles, the next thing he saw was a flash from a handgun, and he was struck in a femoral artery. Mattingly went down and he fired his service weapon, while other officers fired at the location from which someone (Kenneth Walker) had just tried to kill Mattingly. Twenty-year-veteran Sgt. Mattingly was bleeding out. His lieutenant grabbed his police vest and dragged him from the doorway. From the moment the door was breached until he was grabbed by his fellow officer totaled 12 seconds.

Mattingly’s newly released book, detailing what really happened on March 13, 2020, is titled: “12 Seconds In The Dark.” The book begins with Mattingly recounting a “day in his life”: investigating a murder, and then receiving a call about a gunshot fired. He and other officers investigate, not knowing if there’s a shooter waiting in ambush. Not knowing any of that, at the door they still announced themselves as the police.

On the Taylor raid, Mattingly had no “connection” with the people and places named in the warrant. He had volunteered to help serve the warrant. Why, then, after serving “over 2,000” standard warrants, would Mattingly suddenly decide that, on this case which he had no personal investment in, he and six other cops would suddenly breach a door without announcing (as required by the warrant)? One can start with that incongruity.

https://redstate.com/jimthomps...or-narrative-n536437

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The Ho was dirty.

The rental car tied to a murder.
"Holding" for her criminal boyfriend.

Such crap from those that push false narratives which result in more criminal acts, vandalism, terrorism, rioting etc. Those who do such things are despicable.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Louisville is a standard liberal cesspool. They are reaping what they have sown catering to extremists.

I don’t know if they can turn it around.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Growing up in Cols. OH, I used to travel to Louisville regularly.

As I grew up I made a list of where I wanted to be a Police Officer. On the top of my list was Indianapolis, Louisville, etc..

At the time it was a great city, about four hours from home, and there were numerous Army reserve units in the army.

Well, I never got the call or even considered and the city has been on the downward slide for decades.

A shame because it had a lot to offer.

As jljones stated: It is a liberal cesspool like Baltimore, Atlanta, and this pit called Durham.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
He was on Timcast IRL a bit ago and talked about some of that story.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another payday for Lawyer Crump.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
The Sgt was also on the Cleared Hot podcast hosted by Andy Stumpf. 3 hour episode. Good stuff.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post