SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse, Season 5 is up!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse, Season 5 is up! Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Can I watch the entire series on Amazon? I've recently become interested in it, but want to be able to see the whole thing from the beginning and I don't currently have Amazon.

yes, I did a year or so ago

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I stopped reading the books once I caught up to season 4. I'm going to finish it now that season 5 is here.

The "DNA" of the books and the Prime series are similar, like 98%, but like chimpanzes and humanity that similarity can be significantly different. Not in a bad way, in fact for me quite the opposite (I love the Prime series), but just different. It will be very interesting to if/how the transition between books 5 and 6 is handled if the series continues on Prime.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that season six will be the last, and Cas Anvar will not be in it.

Going to have to do A LOT of catching up if they want to represent all nine books.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
S5 so far is okay. A little slow and annoying. Nit much really going on of interest. And really hating the shohreh actress. She is so terrible in everything I've seen her in. Not sure why she keeps getting roles. The whole cast this season is generally unlikeable so far except for amos.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12730 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Today's episode was the least exciting, so far, of this season.
Building up to to it, I'm sure.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Watched two more episodes. Okay I think I'll stick with it.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can I watch the entire series on Amazon? I've recently become interested in it, but want to be able to see the whole thing from the beginning and I don't currently have Amazon.

Vudu has the first 4 seasons, but you have to buy them. For all four seasons it will cost $110 for HDX (hi-res; 1080), and $80 for SDX (low res). Vudu probably won't get season 5 until December.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Turns out the wife has Amazon Prime already. What do I know??

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. Believe I saw some of the second ep years ago when it was originally on Syfy and we still had cable.

I'll try to keep plugging away at it, since it interests me, though my attention span for following a whole series is very low these last years.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turns out the wife has Amazon Prime already. What do I know??

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. Believe I saw some of the second ep years ago when it was originally on Syfy and we still had cable.

I'll try to keep plugging away at it, since it interests me, though my attention span for following a whole series is very low these last years.

Like many sci-fi series, including most of the Star Treks, it is a bit slow at first. It picks up and goes nuts, so keep at it. It’s some of the best sci-fi I’ve seen in a long time.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post