SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Very Sorry to Post the News of Christine McVie’s Death
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very Sorry to Post the News of Christine McVie’s Death Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
It was just announced officially by the band, Fleetwood Mac

Posts: 13295 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I always liked her better than the other girl.

This is yet another reminder that my own time is quickly sliding down the back half.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just saw this on Fox…very sad news indeed Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sad news Frown Fleetwood Mac was always one of my favorite bands.

My favorite Christine McVie song is "Say You Love Me":

Actually one of my favorite songs of all times, in part for the guitar work.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Very sad. I always liked her better than the other girl.

This is yet another reminder that my own time is quickly sliding down the back half.

We're going to see news like this quite frequently with our favorite musicians and actors from the 1960s-70s.

And I agree, McVie was my favorite after Lindsey Buckingham. People tend to forget that she wrote and sang many of their radio hits (Over My Head, Say You Love Me, Don't Stop, You Make Loving Fun, Hold Me, Everywhere, etc), mainly because Nicks got all of the attention. One of the few senior citizen classic rock concerts I saw was Fleetwood Mac when McVie came back into the band back in 2014.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sad, love Fleetwood Mac, got to see them a few years back at the House of Blues.... Excellent venue, stood not more than 20 to 30 feet from them...

RIP

How cool is it that her song Everywhere is the theme on GM's EV commercial, creating a new love for FM from todays generations.

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The musical world has been lessened by Christine McVie’s passing. Frown

Posts: 3158 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad sad news
Great talent ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54682 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Very sad.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Breaks my heart being a huge Fleetwood Mac fan. Frown

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks TMats, I had never heard that before. That was beautiful. Thank You Christine for all the wonderful moments. Godspeed.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Thats too bad. Her and Stevie Nix are some of the best female Rock vocalists of all time. This is one of my favorite songs by McVie

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
So long, Songbird.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad. My favorite that she sang is “You Make Loving Fun,” a great combination of her voice and Buckingham’s guitar riffs.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5170 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chevys new commercial for its electric car uses Fleetwood Macs "Everywhere" for its soundtrack. Christine is the vocalist.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16112 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to see Fleetwood Mac in Manassas, VA back when the venue was Nissan Pavilion. Lots of memories from that night - 5 hr drive out to the concert b/c of the traffic jam on I-66, then after the concert it was announced that Lady Diana had died that evening in Paris.
I like most of you carry certain tunes in my head from my childhood and Fleetwood Mac certainly has a share in them. May Christine RIP.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Damn, she was great.

Always loved her on the keyboards.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Well, that sucks. For the last 3 months or so I’ve been watching everything I could find with Christine McVie on YouTube. Here is one I’ve been watching almost every day. I believe that she wrote this song.

Looks like there are two threads on Christine McVie. Hope it was ok to post this in both threads as many won't see both threads.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Very talented lady.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The "Fleetwood Mac" and "Rumours" albums were part of the soundtrack of my youth. They are both still in my phone. Most likely, as well, buried somewhere within the worn out vinyl that I have that I haven't looked through in years. Good bye, Christine.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post