SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Star. A great Christmas movie actually about the reason for Christmas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Star. A great Christmas movie actually about the reason for Christmas Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I am very surprised that a bug studio put this out and the big names that do the voices!
What a great movie to watch with the kids or even without. The animation is beautiful and the story is so well done.
I really like how Mary and Joseph are portrayed. I think a lot of folks tend to gloss over Mary and Joseph and while not divine but they were so very special. There are numerous underlying messages throughout the film. Our world could very much use more films with similar messages.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! It looks great, and I'm also glad to see a movie like this come out now. We'll check it out for sure Smile

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My little boys love it, we’ve probably seen it 10 times now.

Yes, it doesn’t gloss over the fact that some very bad people wanted this baby dead.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Thanks for the heads up! It looks great, and I'm also glad to see a movie like this come out now. We'll check it out for sure Smile

Actually been out for 5 or 6 years now. Though I just heard about it this week and picked up the BluRay, DVD combo for $8 on Amazon. Worth every penny.

————————————————

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yes it is quite good. We took ours to see it in the theater when it came out.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Do any of the streaming services carry it?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Do any of the streaming services carry it?

Netflix has it i believe.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Unfortunately apparently not.

It does appear to be available to rent or buy on Amazon Prime.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s worth the $8 to buy the disk.

Though I noticed something interesting the other day with Netflix.
Logging into my father laws account on his phone produced the availability of FAR more available titles on his account on their TV with home wifi and compared to my account logged into on my phone or my account on my wifi at home.

I noticed that in the upper corner of his phone where you see your service provider and wifi logo (at least on the iPhone) it said VPN.
Only difference I could figure out that running a VPN opens up different streaming options. However he did not know the details of his VPN other than it was setup by AT&T.

————————————————

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I remember when this was coming out and then somehow never showed up on my radar. Thanks for the heads up I will try to pick up a copy.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Looks like both Hulu and Amazon Prime list it.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Logging into my father laws account on his phone produced the availability of FAR more available titles on his account on their TV with home wifi and compared to my account logged into on my phone or my account on my wifi at home.

I noticed that in the upper corner of his phone where you see your service provider and wifi logo (at least on the iPhone) it said VPN.
Only difference I could figure out that running a VPN opens up different streaming options. However he did not know the details of his VPN other than it was setup by AT&T.

There are different account levels at Netflix, perhaps he has the higher Premium level account.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

There are different account levels at Netflix, perhaps he has the higher Premium level account.

Interesting. I thought the plans only differentiated by streaming quality and number of devices that could stream simultaneously.
I did not realize content availability was different.

However when signed into his account on his TVs and home wifi he still did not have as many options as his phone had.

————————————————

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Different countries and regions have different titles. If he's using a VPN it makes it look like he's in a different country/ region so he is getting access.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post