SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    10 Songs You've Heard And Don't Know The Name...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 Songs You've Heard And Don't Know The Name... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I found this interesting...I've heard them all but off the top of my head could only name the backgrounds of four... Entry Of The Gladiators surprised me as it is now associated with circus clowns rather than a military march Eek (I looked up it's history on the interwebs)...

He also has other short YouTube videos that are also interesting (movie themes, game music, etc.)...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/1u9XBhI0d9s

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That was fun. I enjoy watching talented musicians.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38583 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I only knew 1 & 9 by name.
Recognized a few of the others, but some were new to me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had heard of 8 and knew four of his
he forgot this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Dd0EaEbqg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I knew Fucik's "Entry of the Gladiators" because I researched it for my friend years ago before they had those music apps available. He wanted to know what the "Circus Music" was.

Other music I had searched out was the "Oriental Riff," and that Bugs Bunny Factory music.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Dang... two of them I swear I never heard. Big Grin

Two I didn't know the name of.

The rest I knew... though I never would have guessed the real name of the chicken dance song was the chicken dance! lol

Posts: 21045 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I took piano as a kid and played Saxophone for 6 years in school. I still only knew about half of them.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Why do I have visions of the Roadrunner, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd in my head?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Talented and interesting but a little creepy the way he constantly looks at the camera. Eek

Posts: 22849 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Why do I have visions of the Roadrunner, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd in my head?

I had the same thought. Smile
A quick search brought up "The Merry Go Round Broke Down" as the Looney Tunes theme song.

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew #1 only.

I thought he was gonna play Eminence Front by the Who?

I am usually pretty good at knowing what the name of a song is or the artist from the 60s rock/pop genre. I was really stumped by who(no pun) sang the song or what the name of the song was by the Who. Never was a big fan, but did not sound like something they would play.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
well, I'm gonna have the Chicken Dance stuck in my head for days now.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I knew the WT Overture, and Chicken Dance.

One of 'em I didn't recognize.

I didn't recognize the Col. Bogey March until it got the part where the lyrics should kick in:
Comet, it makes your teeth turn green
Comet, it tastes like gasoline
Comet, it makes you vomit
So get some Comet
And vomit todaaaayyy

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post