SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Which Will Ferrell movie should have had a sequel? And why?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Will Ferrell movie should have had a sequel? And why? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I get it. Either you love Will Ferrell’s movies or you hate them. If you are the latter, it isn’t necessary for you to post here and tell us.

But, for those of you that like him, which movie(s) do you think would have had the potential to be as good as the first? I would have loved to have seen a sequel to any that was well done.

You?

Question:
Which Will Ferrell movie do you think a sequel should have been made that wouldn’t have sucked?

Choices:
Elf
Step Brothers
Ricky Bobby
The Other Guys
Old School

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Will Ferrell fan, and I don't really "get" his humor BUT I thought he was pants-pissing funny in Old School.

I'm not sure what kind of plot arc it would take to make that character work again, but I'm not sure I care. If there was a sequel to Old School, and it didn't suck, I would absolutely watch it.

I mean, come on:

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I don't like Will Ferrell, his comedy is Loud. Joke isn't landing? Just make it louder. If you're loud, people will chuckle uncomfortably because they're afraid you're rabid, and they wish to placate you.

That being said, Ricky Bobby, because that's where that kind of humor shines.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Write-in vote: Everything Must Go

Call it "Everything is Not Yet Lost" (reference to end of first movie) and it follows Nick as he tries to put his life back together, reconnect with Delilah, etc.

Why? Because that's his best movie, in my opinion.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16190 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Heard on the radio last week that he turned down Elf 2, for 29 mil.

Said the script just felt like a rehash of the first.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Heard on the radio last week that he turned down Elf 2, for 29 mil.

Said the script just felt like a rehash of the first.

heard that as well,

he was good in the Lego Movie,

wife loves Elf, but I generally avoid his stuff,

he seems to be a good drummer (plays with Hagar and the bassist from Van Halen)

re the poll,, should be a none of the above option,,, Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
you have to call me Dragon

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Agree...

If a remake of Old School could be as funny as the first. I had to re-watch twice + because I was laughing so uncontrollably hard in multiple scenes I missed much of it the first time.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'm not a Will Ferrell fan, and I don't really "get" his humor BUT I thought he was pants-pissing funny in Old School.

I'm not sure what kind of plot arc it would take to make that character work again, but I'm not sure I care. If there was a sequel to Old School, and it didn't suck, I would absolutely watch it.

I mean, come on:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lSC_qnFe26M" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that Elf was not ruined with any prequels or sequels. That is a one-off movie and rightfully shouldn't have any of those.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm glad that Elf was not ruined with any prequels or sequels. That is a one-off movie and rightfully shouldn't have any of those.

I agree and my favorite of all of his.
It would be a shame to ruin the memory with any more.

In general I am not in favor of sequel, prequel and remakes but there are some exceptions.
Will Ferrell movies are not those.
John Wick 4,5 and 6 .... yes. Razz

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post