SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Alan White has passed away at 72.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alan White has passed away at 72. Login/Join 
Picture of RoboV
posted
Alan White, the drummer for Yes since 1972 has died.

He's been Yes's drummer for the last 50 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/musi...?ocid=BingNewsSearch

I'm a big Yes fan. He was a superb drummer.

RIP Mr. White.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 620 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I read this earlier. Very sorry to hear it as I'm a big Yes fan too. My first concert was Yes at the Boston Garden in December of 1974....the Relayer tour and Alan White was there of course.

RIP Alan White.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
RIP Alan. I first thought of this intro.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP Alan White. I was a teenager in the 70s when prog rock came around and Yes was one of my favorites. Bill Bruford played on Close to the Edge, so Alan had some big shoes to fill but he did it well. I saw him 5 times over the years, those were some great concerts. For a bit of trivia here is my original solo album of his.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hberttmank,

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well that just plain ol’ sucks. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post