SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Grant Imahara :(
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Grant Imahara :( Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
Don't know how may of you watched Mythbusters.

Even tho I never met him, he was a member of several of the same facebook groups I am in. Droid and prop building type stuff. Frown Frown

https://www.hollywoodreporter....wwlcBAmUZdVCzohmm0is

Bummer Frown

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Bad link.

That's a bummer, he always seemed like a pretty decent guy. 49 is way too young.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That’s terrible. Brain aneurysm he was only 49. I loved that show and it helped get me through many surgical recoveries when I was laid up and only kept company by the tv

May he Rest In Peace

https://www.hollywoodreporter....-host-was-49-1303101

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Bad link.

That's a bummer, he always seemed like a pretty decent guy. 49 is way too young.

Darn...Link fixed.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned."

These "reporters" need to educate themselves a little better.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Shit. I loved him on White Rabbit Project and Mythbusters

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad. Died far too young.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I remember watching him on battlebots when he won it with robot. Then the scavenged it on mythbusters a few years later.
He was a genuinely good guy and the people around him loved him.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know what. FUCK 2020. That is all.

RIP GRANT

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Good guy, both my kids followed him for the robotics. He really was talented and by all accounts a good person.

Tomorrow is never promised - and I’ll echo CSlinger - WTF 2020

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Loved "Mythbusters" back in the day. Frown

RIP, Mr. Imahara.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow...wow, several friends had met him at the dive shop the Mythbuster team would go to, said he was really nice and engaging. 49 man, that is young.

RIP Grant.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

"Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned."

These "reporters" need to educate themselves a little better.

I think I need to be educated on this too Smile . Are you saying that he didn't die from the aneurysm???

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
RIP, Grant. He died much too young. I always enjoyed him on Mythbusters.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
He seemed to have such a zest for life. Such a terrible loss at so young of age. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
As a mechanical engineer I always enjoyed watching him do his stuff

Makes me feel very old today

RIP Grant

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Way too young. He created the Geoff Peterson robot on Craig Ferguson's late night talk show.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes way too young to go ...RIP

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Good guy, both my kids followed him for the robotics. He really was talented and by all accounts a good person.

A friend knew him and told me on several occasions that Imahara really was a nice guy.

Sad news.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to always watch Myth Busters and he always seemed like a great guy (as they all did). Sad to hear of his passing.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post