SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Find myself bailing on Netflix movies / shows after starting them. Anyone else?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Find myself bailing on Netflix movies / shows after starting them. Anyone else? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Most recent is Spiderhead. Gesh Roll Eyes

Seems the quality of their offerings, be they movies or series, is in freefall.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of turds on all of the networks, I have started many a series or movie and lose interest quickly

They sit in my "continue watching" list forever

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
As with any streaming service, content is hit or miss.

For example, while stuff like Spiderhead may have sucked, Netflix has had good content recently too. The recent seasons of Stranger Things, Last Kingdom, and Peaky Blinders were good. And the new season of Love, Death, and Robots was fairly good too.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Most recent is Spiderhead. Gesh Roll Eyes

Seems the quality of their offerings, be they movies or series, is in freefall.

Amen

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Avoid The Million Dollar Hotel on Prime.
Weird. Stinkeroo.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:... the new season of Love, Death, and Robots was fairly good too.

Yes. I was a great fan of many a Sci-Fi short story in my yoof, and LD&Rs, delivers much the same, but in a different way.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Yep, my list of "continue watching" is growing like a weed.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
When my Wife suggests a show to watch I usually ask, first thing, What channel is it on followed by, When was it made.

If its a Netflix show my guard goes up, if its newer than 2020 I will certainly decline watching.
I can count on over woke content.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Lincoln Lawyer is pretty good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I've been getting monthly free movie certificates from DISH since December. I check the Pay-per-View movies frequently and all the descriptions just sound like "B" movies. The only one I've watched was Ghostbusters: Afterlife which I thought was well done and enjoyed.

Sounds like the same is true for Netflix.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I run through a lot of them to get something that takes.
The worst is the influx of dubbed over foreign crap.
I am with you on Spiderhead that was beyond redemption. Eek

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems Netflix is producing some really bad movies lately. Interceptor was one as well produced and having Hemsworth somewhat star in.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a short leash. If a show doesn’t do it for me within the first couple episodes I quit. If a long term show gets too silly I quit.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Plus the Woke Sexual Confusion Disease Agenda is rampant now days that affects almost everything newly produced.
You usually don't have to wait long before seeing this perverted trash inserted to promote the sick agenda.
Mad

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More and more I'm thankful for a relatively large private library of pre-woke era books.

For a while I'd thought downsizing my stuff and considered donating a bunch of books to the local library for one of their sales, but I've since changed my mind. Instead of getting frustrated with crap or woke, or crappy woke, tv I'll just crack a book I haven't read in a while and have hours of enjoyment.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
While recuperating, I am checking several streaming movie providers for content I can watch to take my mind off my minor illness. I abandoned several films already. I find myself returning to the 1970s for cinematic enjoyment, selecting those given some modern appreciation most often.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
They sit in my "continue watching" list forever

Log Into your NetFlix account via your PC Browser and you can do amazing things. #1, Edit your continue watching list.

Previewing content is instant with more info and easily added to your list for a pleasant TV experience.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the huge amount of content, it's no surprise that every show doesn't keep my interest - but it's always replaced with something else that I enjoy. It's a function of so much content.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
As the adage goes, they don't make 'em like they used to--even movies and serials. It's tough to find stuff that's worthwhile when compared with content we used to enjoy in the '80s, '90s, and '00s. (Or '40s and '50s for our older forum membership...)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Last Kingdom, and Peaky Blinders were good.

I tried watching both of these a year or so ago and only made it a couple episodes. Started The Last Kingdom again a few weeks ago and made it eight episodes and kinda “meh”ed out on it. Do these two shows pick up a bit in later seasons? Is Peaky Blinders all drinking? I had to stop watching Boardwalk Empire for that reason.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post