SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A scene from Kurosawa's Sanjuro. Not subtitled, not dubbed, not needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A scene from Kurosawa's Sanjuro. Not subtitled, not dubbed, not needed Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I was hoping it would be this scene.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've seen a lot of Kurosawa and a fair bit of Mifune, but I think that's the only part of that movie I've ever seen. Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^You're kidding. It's actually a pretty good movie, the sequel to Yojimbo.

Sanjuro uses an advanced fast draw technique that is twice as fast as a classical draw, but if your timing is off you risk cutting your own arm off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Another favorite scene of mine- from Yojimbo. The look on Toshiro Mifune's face is priceless.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This came up in my youtube suggestions

A Fistful of Yojimbo

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ That's awesome.
Hats off to whoever edited it.
(I feel a Kurosawa binge coming on...)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im super late to the Kurosawa game and damn hes brilliant. I loved Sanjuro but still need to see Yojimbo.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Great scene. Kurosawa integrated the namelessness of Mifune's character in Sanjuro with his dialog - when asked his name, as he looks at the camellia blossoms and says Tsubaki Sanjuro, 30 years told..., going on 40. I think Yojimbo has a similar scene - a good reason to rewatch both.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post