SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Harder They Fall on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Harder They Fall on Netflix Login/Join 
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted
I understand that a lot of members are unhappy with Netflix, but for those who still subscribe, I recommend the newly released The Harder They Fall. It's an action-packed surreal hoot of a Western. For me, it's Once Upon a Time in the West meets Porgy and Bess.

Posts: 1268 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
This. Is. Not. A. Real. Story.

Said it all right there.

Now with that, the all white town was pretty fucking funny.

Oh, and that first cowboy the main character looks at when riding into town (at night) - daughter's boyfriend.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14042 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could only stomach about 15 minutes of it. Typical Netflix garbage and worse yet it paints the actual figures wrongly.Granted it is not meant to be a history movie.

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen various trailers and have been intrigued but somewhat hesitant on whether to view it you or not.

What I didn't want to see is another hate whitey movie.

I also didn't want to watch it and become pissed off that they did not do Bass Reeves justice. I say this because he was one of the law enforcement figures that I studied religiously growing up along with Wyatt Earp, Bill Tilghman, Delf A. 'Jelly' Bryce. (I did a search of the cast and saw that they have Delroy Lindo playing Bass Reeves and I think that is a good choice.

There are some other interesting historical figures that are brought to "life" (and hopefully to the forefront of people's minds) such as:

James Pierson Beckwourth, was an American mountain man, fur trader, and explorer. Beckwourth was known as "Bloody Arm" because of his skill as a fighter. He was mixed-race and born into slavery in Virginia. He was freed by his white father and apprenticed to a blacksmith so that he could learn a trade.

Stagecoach Mary Fields:

Standing six feet tall and powerful, many bandits learned to stay clear of Stagecoach Mary in the American Old West. Stagecoach Mary Fields carried a rifle and a pistol, smoked, drank and had a wicked temper. Mary was the first African American woman to carry mail on a Star Route for the United States Post Office Department. She undertook this career choice at 60 years old.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the trailer it looks like another Django Unchained movie to me - All whities are either bad or weak and the only good honkey is either a dead one or a subservient one.

I'm not their target audience so I'm happy to oblige the producers and spend my money on another movie.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post