SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Call of Duty MW III
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Call of Duty MW III Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I barely played any recent releases so I thought I’d give the latest one a try. Classic gameplay as far as I can tell but I do not recognize any remastered maps. I’m also feeling really old because I can’t read the interface text on my tv.

Posts: 17895 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Campaign is absolute lazy trash. Incredibly bad.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I've heard it's good, I've heard it's trash, I've heard it filled with sweaty shitbags that live and die by Cowadoody.

I'll probably pick it up on it's first sale, not interested in paying $70 to be someone's gamma tester.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Campaign was meh.

Zombies isn’t my thing. Especially with the teammates I keep getting that won’t stay on objective.

Multiplayer is what I mostly do. Reliving the old updated maps. I hate how most are so huge I have had to learn how to snipe.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Does it have private matches with bots?

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
I've heard it's good, I've heard it's trash, I've heard it filled with sweaty shitbags that live and die by Cowadoody.

I'll probably pick it up on it's first sale, not interested in paying $70 to be someone's gamma tester.

It’s way better than MWII from last year. But it is sweaty AF. But that is COD period. There are people living in the momma’s basement, playing the thing 50-60 hours a week like a job. You will get World Star’d. You realize this, and just move on. The goal with COD to me is playing Warzone with a team of 4. Get comms going. Your aim has to be good and you need to be quick in general. That’s the fun part, playing with a team, being social, and gaming at the same time, killing people that need to be killed.

The game to me is simply a feeder for Warzone (BR or Resurgence) so I’ve been grinding it to max level all the guns. IDGAF about camous and never have, just want all the guns leveled up as the meta changes in WZ often.

I will say, in MWIII, I’m not a fan of guns, perks, equipment, both tactical and lethals, being behind unlock challenges. PITA. I have 32/36 guns unlocked. And 6/36 max level. I hope they bring back shoot house or shipment soon, rather than push them out until December, because those maps are the easiest to level up pistols, shotguns, and anything single shot like snipers and marksmen rifles. To level things up the quickest is the “war” mode and zombies. In zombies you go to exfil, call in da choppa and lay waste to the dead pieces of shit using energy mine. Just keep calling in the helo but don’t get on it.

We figured out last night, like DMZ, you can go into Zombies, grab equipment you don’t have unlocked, exfil, and unlock it that way. So a friend and I compared unlocked guns. I’d grab 2 he didn’t have, and he’d do the same. We go into Zombies, each of us drop our guns, and trade, exfil. Bam, they are unlocked. You need 1k in Zombies to hit a weapon station and buy a gun. That paid off too, but it’s like a slot machine. We’ve been successful looting around for stuff we don’t have and exfil. 58 things to unlock between guns, gear, perks, etc.

The problem for new players is there are people who use the game to level up guns and equipment. Then you have the sweats, that play these multiplayer maps, with meta guns and attachments and here is you with a Level 1 gun, starting off, trying to level it, against these rats camping spots. Makes it a PITA. But you sure as shit will get your $70 worth.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
Does it have private matches with bots?

I checked custom or private match last night. In MWII, I regularly do a private match in shipment, embassy (AR/SMG combo) or Taraq for sniping practice, with 5 bots, regular, not beginner or veteran, to warmup. In MWIII it’s there, but you can’t select or add any bots to it yet, that I can see or figure out. But it’s only been out since last Friday and they routinely patch, correct, add stuff. So it’s only a matter of time. Maybe week 1, you have to load into private match with other people to practice. The bots will come.

Hopefully at some point in the future we can get a SF group to team up, drop in big map WZ, or Resurgence, get the comms and tactics going. It’s a blast. This game keeps my reflexes and motor skills active, like lifting weights, which immensely helps me on my motorcycles, my ski, and shooting. You have to be so damn fast, reaction wise.

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I don't do any online gaming so these games have become a waste for me. I wish I could just pick up the campaign version for $25 or something since Warzone is all these are made for with the rest just being an afterthought.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't do any online gaming

Me either. I no longer have the reflexes needed to survive online battles. I too would rather just buy a 'chopped' version for the campaign.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Hopefully at some point in the future we can get a SF group to team up, drop in big map WZ, or Resurgence, get the comms and tactics going. It’s a blast. This game keeps my reflexes and motor skills active, like lifting weights, which immensely helps me on my motorcycles, my ski, and shooting. You have to be so damn fast, reaction wise.

My username is austrianplastic if we want to get a SF team together.

I’m not great and I can’t get on as much anymore but when I play I PTFO. I’ll take objectives with little regard to my K/D. It would be nice to be on a team and work together instead of trying to do that alone.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

My username is austrianplastic if we want to get a SF team together.

I’m not great and I can’t get on as much anymore but when I play I PTFO. I’ll take objectives with little regard to my K/D. It would be nice to be on a team and work together instead of trying to do that alone.

Yeah we work together. Super sweats that are on the fucking thing 50 hours a week, can’t compete. Have to use strategy and forego kills to pull a dub. We primarily play Resurgence in WZ. And since they have implemented AI into comms a few of us have migrated over to discord for comms. Works great. I play on PS5, and I’ve got two guys, one with XboxX, the other PC, and discord works great for us. It’s getting to the point now where I don’t want to be in voice chat in the game, and use Discord instead. Tactical advantage as you use comms through discord then you can turn on prox chat in the game. We hear them, they cannot hear us. And we don’t have to worry about chat bans if someone on our team starts talking shit. If you know how to do your own decent loadout, perks, etc, and know to follow when we hit buy stations, loot, and generally play team ball, you’re good. I would need your full activision ID to send you a friend request. You can email it to me if you want. Mine is an easy spot. If you know the phonetic alphabet my username utilizes Z in the phonetic alphabet.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So what’s wrong with DMZ?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Aside from playing campaigns on a new game, a I primarily have been playing, almost exclusively, DMZ as a solo. It’s become harder and in some maps next to impossible for as little as I play compared to sweats. I haven’t bought MW III yet so we will see. I really hope they continue to support it.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Double Weapon XP (all three Double XP, rank, battle pass, and weapon) available now through the 27th. Good opportunity to rank or level up all the MWIII guns.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
This was interesting. I don’t remember a lot of the original MW2 although I did play it. I played Battlefield BC2 mostly during that time until BlOps.

https://youtu.be/U-QbB19P00I?si=DAbHD38kXMN7irWj

Posts: 17895 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yeah the PQ is unreal. I’m playing on an OLED panel. It was cheaper than buying a gaming monitor as I wanted 4k, 120hz.

MWIII has been sweatville. I’m booting into Rust 24/7, and MWII mosh pit to get the smaller maps to level up guns. All these mafks are using leveled up, max guns, grinding camous. I’m just trying to level up guns. It appears to me to be a lot of cheating but I’m grinding through it to max level all the new MWIII guns in prep for Warzone integration next month. I think I have 13 of 34 new guns max level. The shit part is you have to do these daily challenge things to unlock guns, perks, equipment, and it’s a bitch. But by doing some of the challenges in multiplayer and some in Zombies, we are getting it done.

They definitely developed the game and set it up for the die hards, and not the casuals. If you aren’t using Meta guns you’re going to get your ass kicked and they did not make leveling up your weapons easy by any means. I noticed using 2XP weapon tokens to level up guns, was going quicker than now. There is a 2XP event yesterday through Monday morning. And shit is leveling up slower than it was with 2XP tokens vs. 2XP being available for free. Roll Eyes

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Heads up, it's currently 30% off on Steam, so I picked it up. There be some real sweaty fucks in there for sure, but I was having a good time, at least that's what the alcohol was telling me.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Seriously, last few matches in Meat, some fool just shoots my team constantly through the walls while we're trying for the objective.

My son constantly does that too.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Heads up, it's currently 30% off on Steam, so I picked it up. There be some real sweaty fucks in there for sure, but I was having a good time, at least that's what the alcohol was telling me.

My friend likes to wine it up and play too. I usually play competitive in resurgence and it’s sweaty fuck ville 24/7 in there. Fucking Dorito eaters and “Game Fuel” addicts on the thing 50 hours a week. So we’ll go into Plunder where it’s teams of 4, but only us 2, to make it 1/2 ass competitive. We get a particular building and try to hold it. I hit a 750 meter headshot last night with the sniper, the KATT, with spire rounds. I think that is what they are called. I kept trying to compensate for bullet drop at that distance and it took me many shots then I bagged that bitch from 1/2 way across the map. Sniping is fun again. Previous year, under MWII guise, it sucked. Now it’s back. We’ve had matches where we are squaring off against 3 teams, on 3 different buildings and we are all sniping building to building many floors up. These lil bitches love to get up in them cranes and get a heady on you. It’s very gratifying nailing their asses. We have claymores everywhere, cluster mines strategically placed if we manage to pick one up, sound suppression mines. We can make it 3/4 of a match before some team is finally so pissed off they full send at us 4 against 2, and we die. If nobody squares off at us, and it’s dead, we start looking everywhere on the map to do ELR. It’s difficult but man it’s fun. They are too far to get prox chat from them and I have last words or death comms turned off as I got tired of being yelled and cussed at sending people to Valhalla.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think they may have nerfed some guns recently. My favorite smg is slower to drop someone.