SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    When you watch a movie like Rocky or Creed...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you watch a movie like Rocky or Creed... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
does it get you fired up and feeling ready to go?

Or not? Or other thoughts or feelings?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not since I was a teenager.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Ready to go? Where, to the market?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Dude, if a Rocky montage comes on and you don't get fired up, I honestly question your patriotism...

You should at least be able to do 50 situps, pushups, and run for 10 mins straight after such a thing.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Dude, if a Rocky montage comes on and you don't get fired up, I honestly question your patriotism...

You should at least be able to do 50 situps, pushups, and run for 10 mins straight after such a thing.

Run 10 min? Yeah, somebody better throw a donut to get me to run anywhere.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
♪Da
Da-Da-Da
Da-Da-Da
Da-Da-Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa♪

Alright, I'm ready to drink a glass of raw eggs now.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
There's a reason this is in our play rotation:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7kKZppqaH8

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it DOES make me wish I was in my 20s-30s again ...

-----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Rocky was the movie we saw on my first official date ever. Her parents drove us there and back again. Boy, was I nervous. Neither of us were a great conversationalist on the way there, but on the way home we had plenty of Rocky moments to break the ice. Good memories.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are at the gym and "Eye of the Tiger" comes on and you can't get some extra reps or more weight . . . well there is just something wrong with you.

It's also interesting to see how much better the fight scenes get from 1 to 4. Realistically no one would survive those hits but who wants realism?

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Of course. Now actually getting up and running around the block or punching a bag...no.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post