SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    anyone upping their Hummer feeder yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone upping their Hummer feeder yet? Login/Join 
posted
or is it too early ?

Our hummers have been a lot more active in the last 10 days or so, feeding a lot.

I wonder if they are trying to get big for the trip south.

I might be jumping the gun a bit , but the batch that I made up today was 4 to 1.25.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We think our hummers are happy in San Diego. Wife uses 4 to 1. She's waiting for this batch to cool off.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how many feeders do you have up ? currently.

we used to camp in Anza borrego ( borrego springs)

we counted four different types of hummingbirds within 4 hours of putting up a couple of feeders

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just refilled mine today. I use 4 to 1 exclusively

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We have a permanent, no maintenance, feeder. It's called a desert willow tree, though it is not a true willow. Those purple flowers fall off every day and are replaced by fresh ones as they fall. The hummingbirds love the flowers still on the tree. The lizards love to eat the fallen flowers. It's sort of a self-sustaining wildlife feeder. And the dogs love to loll in the shade, on the grass.

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post