SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blind fury (movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blind fury (movie) Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Rutger Hauer is gone. I liked him quite a lot.

Thinking of my favorite movies starring him, i just remembered Blind Fury.

Now, back in the day, it seemed to me it was a script taken from one of the type of novels i was reading at the time. Used to read Eric van Lustvader, Clavell, Ludlum, and a bunch of others that wrote about China, the far east, ninjas, industrial and financial schemes and such.

At the time, i had never heard about Zatoichi, who turns out to be the inspiration for Blind Fury.

Does someone remembers a novel, from 40 years ago, that sounds just like Blind Fury?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Blind Fury was a great b-flick. he first thing that went through my brain when I heard he died was,
"Shit! Fuck! Shit-Fuck!"

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
My favorite Rutger Hauer movie. I like when, during the final fight scene, he feels his opponent's face and says, "Ha! Japanese, huh?"

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I especially liked the Apple cut part of the scene; my favorite part of the movie.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I can't think of a novel......but I can think of a comic book character; Stick from Daredevil. Scott Glenn did a good job in the Netflix Daredevil series.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post