SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    CSI:Vegas -- Is it worthwhile watching?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSI:Vegas -- Is it worthwhile watching? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Just became aware that this series exists featuring the original Gil Grissom and Sara Sidle characters among others.

Is is worthwhile watching or just a lame attempt to capture past glories (and ratings) of the franchise?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Wife and I like it. But we were OG CSI viewers. If gil and Sarah leave it may suck.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is is worthwhile watching or just a lame attempt to capture past glories (and ratings) of the franchise?

A little of both.
Watching it now as wife and I liked the original but not nothing new about it.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Take a chance, roll the dice, see if it comes up a winner or snake eyes....

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
So far it's been ok and hasn't gone woke yet. I'll give it a few more episodes.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yes. I enjoyed CSI Vegas and Miami even with Horatio’s endless comical and moronic opening one liners.

But I’m a huge fan of forensic stuff so I’m a bit biased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Yes. I enjoyed CSI Vegas and Miami even with Horatio’s endless comical and moronic opening one liners.

But I’m a huge fan of forensic stuff so I’m a bit biased.

Don't forget Gil's penchant for puns - "I like it - the whole pig and caboodle".

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Saw an interview with Gorga Fox on tv this morning and she said there will be one mystery solved each show and one on-going mystery that will be solved on the 10th and last episode filmed this year.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gil's latest pun - he and Sarah were out at the body farm to check on the remains of someone involved with the case - the person had donated her body to science.

They were collecting the various skeleton parts - Gil picked up the ankle/foot part, looked at Sarah, and said "The game's afoot!".

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
I loved the original, but so far not impressed by the reboot.
My guess is that once the Hodges mystery is solved, Gil and Sara will be gone. Then the show will wither and die.
CBS has a bad history of taking a good show and running it into the ground with various off shoots.
FBI isn't bad, nor is FBI most wanted, but FBI International just plain sucks. I can't get into NCIS Hawaii either.

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I am kind of liking the current story line in the reboot so far.

Yeah reboots, spinoffs and remakes can get old - so stipulated.
But not all are so bad.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post