SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dan Seals—Everything That Glitters is not Gold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Seals—Everything That Glitters is not Gold Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I’m really pleased to offer this performance to all y’all. The song has long been a favorite of mine, of ANY genre. I just came across this particular video yesterday. Dan Seals is seated onstage at what looks like the Ryman Auditorium. Seated with him are singer/songwriter/musicians from what many would consider thegolden era of Country Music. A few are instantly recognizable, some more difficult.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting. For those who are unaware, Dan Seals was the younger brother of Jimmy Seals of Seals & Crofts and the Dan of England Dan and John Ford Coley. This 1999 performance at the Ryman includes Nashville greats: Bobby Bare, Lorrie Anderson, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Janie Fricke, Roy Clark, Glen Campbell, BJ Thomas, Crystal Gale, Lorrie Morgan, Ricky Van Shelton, Larry Gatlin, TJ Sheppard, Gene Watson, Ferlin Husky, Porter Wagoner, T. Graham Brown, Joe Stampley, Hank Thompson, and Ronnie McDowell.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I was sad when he died way too early back in 2009 at age 61.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Seals

Another great song is "Meet Me in Montana" with Marie Osmond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMf8YtGAFVU

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my all-time favorites along with "Meet Me in Montana."

The Seals brothers were from the small remote town of McCamey, TX which also was the birthplace of the female half of "Paul and Paula" fame in the early 60's.

All there is in McCamey are oil wells and wind energy farms.

armadill0

Posts: 35 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: April 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that. One of mt favorites as well.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I always loved that song.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I've used that chorus line a few times... Razz

Good stuff, I grew up on country music.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/nKHSBHahwiA

Try that one. Live performance of Addicted with writer Cheryl Wheeler. Their harmonies are amazing.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
That’s really nice, Leemur. Thanks. Kinda funny, I didn’t pick up on it watching the “Everything That Glitters” perf, but Dan Seals is yet another left-handed guitar player who learned on a right-handed guitar and just turned it upside down so that the low/bass E is on the bottom and the high/treble E is on top. I was watching him fingering the chords and thinking, “What ARE those chords?”

Just yesterday, I was watching some old videos of the great Blues singer/songwriter/guitar player, Otis Rush. He also plays a right-handed guitar upside-down.

Anyway, back to “Addicted.” Beautiful performancce.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post