SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Notebook ( movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Notebook ( movie) Login/Join 
posted
Watched it for the first time last night.
Found it to be very good, very well done and a great story.

Ryan Reynolds did ok as the lead male but gotta believe there could have been a better choice.

Would recommend it.
Zero car cases, gun fights, no blood guts gore, rapes or super hero's.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55161 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when we saw it, when I started to put it together I exclaimed out loud, "Oh no"! My wife said, "What?" I answered, "If this movie is going where I think it's going...", and it did. Heart wrenching.

Tony

Posts: 369 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Ryan Reynolds did ok as the lead male but gotta believe there could have been a better choice.
Ryan Gosling not Reynolds.

I've not seen the film, but I've read about it. If you have a daughter, I wonder if you'd encourage her to follow Allie's choices.

Posts: 3257 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Really good film. I’ll watch it when it’s on. RIP James Garner. And I thought Gosling did very well in it as did Rachel McAdams. What’s funny is Nick Cassavetes directed it. If you remember “the Wraith”, he was the asshole villain, Packard.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12918 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I watched it with Tracy shortly after it was released. My recollection is that it was well done.

Posts: 53770 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife lost her Mom to a cruelly long case of Alzheimers, over a dozen years. She spent many months of her life helping my FIL and MIL. When she watches this movie she sobs, hard. We used to joke she's not allowed to watch it.

I've only seen parts of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's a good story, but then I'm kind of a softy (are the Hallmark Christmas movies starting yet? Big Grin).

While I've long had a thing for Rachel McAdams, I can't stand Gosling. He's a good enough actor, so I don't really know what it is...probably the goofy look he's always got on his face. Kind of like Bradley Cooper...can't stand him either. Likely it's their mannerisms that drive the dislike.

The Nicholas Sparks (based) movies are all pretty good IMO. "The Choice" is another tear-jerker that I'll rewatch from time to time. Teresa Palmer...<swoon>. It's hard to not love that gal.

Posts: 20540 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies over the years. Then I watched my stepfather go through the disease. Thought it was even better after that.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Wow, no one mentioned that Gena Rowlands, who played old Rachel McAdams, just died this week on the 14th, coincidentally, from Alzheimer's.

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen it, thought it was a well done film. Not one I'd go looking for, but it was worth the couple hours.

I didn't know Packard was the director, but I don't normally pay attention to that stuff. Cool how Hollywood sometimes reinvents people in ways I wouldn't have expected.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2783 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post