SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grey Fox - Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Grey Fox - Prime Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
It had been a long time. For many years it was unavailable. I recall that a couple years ago, para gave us a heads-up that the movie was available on YT, but I had no connection to a TV from youtube at that time, and didn’t want to watch it on a computer or tablet. It’s now available on Prime (and a couple other streaming services) for just $0.99.

The locations and cinematography—spectacular. Farnsworth plays Bill Miner perfectly. Miner is an historical character, not sure what liberties were taken, but he was real, in my eyes. Richard Farnsworth did stunt work with horses for many years; a Ben Johnson-like comfort in the saddle. He was happily married for many years. According to Wiki, after his wife died, he lived on a ranch in Lincoln, NM. Terminal and in pain from cancer, he took his life 21 years ago today.

This is a great movie guys, whether you like Westerns or not. It also happens to be one of the few to receive “100%” on Rotten Tomatoes.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I got it on DVD back when Para first wrote about it. Saw it with my wife, and we both liked it.
Quite unique for a western.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Ok, it seems it was done in 4k, but when I pull it up it just BluRay. Does anyone know if you buy the Bluray version that it is in fact 4k?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Ok, it seems it was done in 4k, but when I pull it up it just BluRay. Does anyone know if you buy the Bluray version that it is in fact 4k?

No the Blu-ray was done from a 4K restoration but that is not the same as being a 4K disc. Kino Lorber has it for $9.99.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post