SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "A Fistful of Dollars" remake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"A Fistful of Dollars" remake Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We descended on this thread to lament the remaking of a beloved film. A film which was already, itself, a remake; and which has since been already remade.

Posts: 2457 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yojimbo has been remade in various genres something like 6 or 7 times over the years.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You're both reenforcing everyone's angle, it's enough already Hollywood, tell some new stories.

Posts: 21335 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
You're both reenforcing everyone's angle, it's enough already Hollywood, tell some new stories.

That would require creativity, imagination, and original thought. I sometimes wonder if those things have gone by the wayside because life is just too easy today. I have written my best songs while I was going through extremely hard times.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10826 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Hollywood ran out of real original ideas since the latter part of the last century. Their idea of originality since has been more remakes and endless sequels packed with mindless violence and dazzling special effects.

Q

Posts: 27481 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
It’s already been done. Remember the Bruce Willis movie Last Man Standing?

Posts: 721 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Yes, A Fistful of Dollars was a remake of Yojimbo, reimagined to a western. Last Man Standing ( which wasn't that good) set the story during Prohibition.

My beef is that, by all appearances and information available, this will be made as a western probably set in the old west.

If they wanna remake it, reimagine it to something else, either way, I'll bet it will stink.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4383 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post