SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    a cover of the Led Zeppelin Kashmir by Sina.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a cover of the Led Zeppelin Kashmir by Sina. Login/Join 
posted
Our little drummer is growing up and spreading her wings.

Yeah some passages in the cover of Kashmir are a bit lacking but IMO that was due to limitations in the studio space. Get past that and it's a pretty darned good effort and listenable.

This is an original piece and if I were Sina's father I'd be having a bit of a problem with how shear that dress is. While I do find the song rather catchy I don't think it will be a smash hit. However she is developing into a very good musician and who knows, one day she might knock Taylor Swift down a peg or two. The kid without any doubt has real talent.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5650 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sina rocks!…I enjoy her drum covers as well as her live band compilations Cool…remember they are recording on a boat, not a “real” Studio per say Wink Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I’ve always favored drummers who use a mixed or traditional grip think: Charlie Watts, Stewart Copeland, Bill Kreutzmann, Bugs Gonzalez, and of course, Joe Morello. That alone makes me like her.

Edited to add: should substitute Steve Gadd for Bill Kreutzmann, who used a straight grip really often.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Agree. Jazz style drummers rock! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm generally not fond of covers. There have been exceptions, though, and this is definitely one of them.

That. Was. Excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I figured out what is missing in the Brass Passages. That is One more trumpet.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5650 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post