SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Season 3 of Hap and Leonard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Season 3 of Hap and Leonard Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Yeah, I don't have cable, so this is probably old news.

Good dark fun, as usual.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So yeah behind the times but this is a really well acted show. Not a comedy at all. Good show. Good chemistry, great actors.

As an aside, at least as far as I am concerned, this is how you integrate a gay or other alt type character. You don’t beat it over the audience’s head you just make the character a real and interesting character. Hap and Leonard’s friendship is real and Leonard being gay plays into that exactly as it would with real friends....talking shit about each other. It’s not preaching it’s not a lesson....it’s two well written characters who are very believable friends and I applaud the writing and acting. I love both characters. I relate to both characters.

At any rate late to the party. Good writing, characters and acting. Almost had an Elmore Leonard feel.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7621 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post