SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Man Who Knew Infinity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man Who Knew Infinity Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/

An unusual topic for a film but exceedingly well done. It is about the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. The film stars Jeremey Irons among others. It is on Tubi among other places. I quite enjoyed it. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I didn't know this had been made into a film. I will let my older son know, he's the math Ph.D.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It is excellent.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31465 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Yes, excellent.

Most of the film was shot on location at the real Trinity College, Cambridge. Among many other things, graduates have been awarded 32 Nobel Prizes -- more than all but six countries.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post