SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Atlas (2024) Sci-Fi with Jenifer Lopez, on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atlas (2024) Sci-Fi with Jenifer Lopez, on Netflix Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Uterly Disgraceful.

Where’s the barfing emogi when you need it?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12254 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what is the problem, care to elaborate?
Haven't seen it.
Sans spoilers of course.

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not interested. First of all, Jlo.

Second, watching the trailer: overacting. contrived. Tired theme. cheesy lines.

At the moment, not a bit of interest given.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
They went to Andromeda? 2.5 million light years away??? Jlo did horrible over acting. I am sick of characters with childhood trauma. I did enjoy the mech "Smith". Very reminiscent of Titanfall video game.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1046 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
She's a 55-year-old, playing a 38-year-old with childhood trauma. Yeah that's going to be a "no" for me, dawg.

Posts: 2052 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Agent Atlas brings her hairdresser with her everywhere she goes. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Got tired of naming movies and games from where they “borrowed” ideas. Movie might as well be named “Tribute”.

Terrible doesn’t begin to describe it.

Wife sort of likes JLo (otherwise she’s perfect), but even her was cursing after the first 10 minutes (she doesn’t curse, at all, but made and exception).
The rest was train wreck watching until the end.

It is amazing how once stupidity sets in it keeps getting worse.

Am usually an acid critic but this is special. Even her hair was offensive, though she was carrying a critter piggibacking her skull.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12254 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Thanks 0-0 for sparing me this bullshit. I generally loathe JLo. She did one movie, with Robert Redford, and Morgan Freeman, that I really liked. To this day I can watch it but Redford is doing his Gran Torino bit and it just works. But generally the rest of her shit is big meh. It’s just there are too few films coming out these days and loving film I almost got tempted to watch this trash, so thank you.

I just watched Iron Claw and it was a solid film, nothing spectacular, just solid. Just didn’t feel like starting a whole thread on it. I have Arthur the King and One Life, coming in the mail from the place where I rent 1080 Blu Rays and 4k discs. I’m hoping one or the other is good because it’s crickets over here.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Thanks 0-0 for sparing me this bullshit. I generally loathe JLo. She did one movie, with Robert Redford, and Morgan Freeman, that I really liked. To this day I can watch it but Redford is doing his Gran Torino bit and it just works. But generally the rest of her shit is big meh. It’s just there are too few films coming out these days and loving film I almost got tempted to watch this trash, so thank you.

I just watched Iron Claw and it was a solid film, nothing spectacular, just solid. Just didn’t feel like starting a whole thread on it. I have Arthur the King and One Life, coming in the mail from the place where I rent 1080 Blu Rays and 4k discs. I’m hoping one or the other is good because it’s crickets over here.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the heads-up to steer clear of the movie.

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 99 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I will watch garbage movies if they have enough eye candy, but yeah....this is pretty bad. Smith is funny but why on earth would you design a combat suit with a huge ass window??

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16225 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Storyline was interesting, but IMHO too much hand-wringing and other drama from JLo. Total irrational behavior in some scenarios, for a character who's supposed to be a genius.

Posts: 515 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Since no one said WHY the movie is bad ~ I went ahead and watched it.
I agree it was not very good.
My reasons was not because of Lopez who I have no issues with in general.
IMO, the Sci-Fi implementation seemed off and the storyline was contrived.
We tend to expect a lot form Sci-Fi themes in movies but this was pretty lackluster.
Agree it was not a great watch.

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lopez is not a good actor, and she was on-screen for 99% of this disaster.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8790 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post