SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Farewell, Ennio Morricone, noted film composer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Ennio Morricone, noted film composer Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted
Per this morning's WSJ: non-firewalled link

quote:
ROME—Italian composer Ennio Morricone, who created the coyote-howl theme for the iconic Spaghetti Western “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” and the soundtracks for Hollywood movies such as “The Untouchables,” has died. He was 91.

Mr. Morricone’s longtime lawyer, Giorgio Assumma, said he died early Monday in a Rome hospital from complications following a fall

Frown

Danish Symphony Orchestra's performance of Mr. Morricone's "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He was a great composer and will be missed.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one. Man today is bad news for music.

RIP.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Another one. Man today is bad news for music.

RIP.

I was thinking the same thing. Frown

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
RIP, a legendary composer, his scores were all great but I especially loved the music played during the Mexican standoff in "The Good, the Bad and The Ugly"- perfect score for that scene.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Some incredible music! RIP sir, and thank you.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beside Ludovico Einaudi, Ennio Morricone is one of my favorites.

RIP. Frown

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both Charlie Daniels and Ennio Morricone in one day - have to wonder what the result of a collaboration between them would be like.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I saw him live in Santiago Chile in 2001. He was great. RIP

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, he was one of the greats. RIP

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What an exceptionally talented man.

RIP, sir.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
My favorite Morricone composition, "Israel" from the TV mini-series "Moses The Lawgiver" 1973-1974:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfsTzXa_WtM

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It still boggles my mind that he only won a solitary Oscar in his entire career (he was apparently awarded an honorary, YEARS BEFORE his actual win).

R.I.P., maestro.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post