SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Whiskey, quick!"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Whiskey, quick!" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The Man who Shot Liberty Valance

Directed by the great John Ford

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

A great movie! One of my favorites.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a great role for one of the best of character actors: Edmond O'Brien

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15996 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
that sounded like Struther Martin yelling that Liberty was hurt...

have not seen the movie in a while, was it him... one of my favorite actors with one of the most best lines ever in a movie....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
that sounded like Struther Martin yelling that Liberty was hurt...

have not seen the movie in a while, was it him... one of my favorite actors with one of the most best lines ever in a movie....

Yep, that was him. Also one of my favorite actors.

When I read the thread title, I thought "I know that line". Took me about 10 seconds to come up with the movie.

It too is in my top 10 favorite movies. Great acting by all, so many great scenes.

ETA; greetings from the Low Country!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
The Dr in that scene, (Ken Murray) is the guy you see on TCM when they show his home movies of the 40-50-60s stars at home, at the studio, and out on the town.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite western, but I hate it. It would be a boring movie if the story were as I wish it was. I can't say anything bad about Stewart's character--he was such a good man, but in my story, Wayne would have been the hero, he would have credit for being the guy who shot Valance, and most of all, he would have gotten the girl.

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Was the doc wearing the Wizard of Oz' hat?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
This is my favorite western, but I hate it. It would be a boring movie if the story were as I wish it was. I can't say anything bad about Stewart's character--he was such a good man, but in my story, Wayne would have been the hero, he would have credit for being the guy who shot Valance, and most of all, he would have gotten the girl.

But, that was the point.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
And, the song is a classic! Has a lot of background history.

Liberty Valance

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
found the song: (which was not part of the movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsZkPlMQk8

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Somebody at TCM screwed up and they're airing this film right now.

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post