SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Tourist on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tourist on Netflix Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Stumbled across this yesterday. Only one episode in, but I think it shows promise. Aussie show, Jamie Dornan has amnesia after a truck runs him off a road in the Outback. Hilarity follows after he checks himself out of the hospital and starts trying to figure out who he is. I'd call it a dramedy.

Oh, and Dewey Crow!!! Like you've (probably) never seen him before!!!

What can I say, I'm a sucker for all things Australian. I blame Elle Macpherson (not that she's in the show, mind you). Her and Mad Max.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16206 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got about an episode and a half to go. Loving it so far.

Posts: 636 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I was hooked when I viewed the first few episodes, unfortunately I thought it went down hill after that.

Posts: 4669 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
We finished it up last night.

It's not unusual for my wife to ask me, "What's going on here?"

It IS unusual for me to have to admit, "I don't know."

Also, we really didn't care for the ending.

ETA: I just checked, it's set up to run another season at the end of this month...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5502 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not enjoying it so far and disappointed to hear it gets worse. A poor man's Fargo (not so much the movie, the increasingly flawed tv rip off).

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8454 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I Liked it, although the end left you hanging. I wonder where it'll go in the second season.
Did you notice Kosta pulled out a SIG X5, of which Elliot ended up with in the Cafe.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1326 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'm on episode 5, still liking it. Loved Kosta's concern for the planet. Big Grin

Posts: 16206 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Anyone watching season two?

Posts: 23104 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Ugg - S2 has been an effort to stay interested. I always have an issue with evidence falling from the sky but this one is a doosy. One EP left and I'll be glad when it's over.

Posts: 501 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not a good series, at best I'll say it's a body positivist's wet dream.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8454 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finished Episode 5 of Season 1 last night.

This show is quite painful, bordering on terrible.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25582 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I finished both seasons recently. I liked it. Weird, yes, and some questionable plot devices...but all in all it was quirky fun.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Finished Episode 5 of Season 1 last night.

This show is quite painful, bordering on terrible.

it is extremely slow, and odd,

I gave up after maybe 3 shows into season2,,

I may finish it, or not

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I highly suggest not even starting to watch it. The first 5 episodes weren’t completely terrible but Episode 6 it really jumps the shark.

The series as a whole is terrible don’t waste your time.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25582 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post